Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do people still buy AGP cards?

Default Do people still buy AGP cards?

I was browsing Take2, going through their specials and saw some AGP cards there.

So, I started wondering if people still buy them?
    Especially considering everyone (afaik) buys PCI-E and the latest motherboards don't feature AGP slots anymore.

I, for one, don't buy it.

So... do you?
    What the mind can conceive, it can achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by lilDeath View Post
    I was browsing Take2, going through their specials and saw some AGP cards there.

So, I started wondering if people still buy them?
    Especially considering everyone (afaik) buys PCI-E and the latest motherboards don't feature AGP slots anymore.

I, for one, don't buy it.

So... do you?
    A lot of people out there still have old motherboards with AGP, but no, I don't personally.
    Wait... what?

The last AGP card I used was a XFX Geforce 6600GT 128mb. It was quite decent for its time.

I get Walk-in clients frequently requesting AGP cards for their P4 (socket 478) machines.

i still have my

s3 trio
    TnT
    geforce 2
    voodoo 3 2000

// Previously known as Blind Faith or Pr⊕phet
    // Sign up to Greenman Gaming and get $2 FREE in-store credit.

I still have all my old cards from my voodoo onwards. except a Geforce 3 and geforce 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptor View Post
    The last AGP card I used was a XFX Geforce 6600GT 128mb. It was quite decent for its time.
    Same, card was great, the fan was CRAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necuno View Post
    i still have my

s3 trio
    TnT
    geforce 2
    voodoo 3 2000

The S3 trio and Riva TnT's were awesome ... I chucked an old Geforce 2 into one of the work's old pc's when it's card packed up. AGP's just keep going on!

I have an old geforce 6200 fx that broke out of warranty. I was a student away from home and too poor to afford anything (no onboard either ) .. so I climbed into the card with my soldering iron and spare components from my electronics projects. Amazingly enough I fixed it! ... it's in a bud's pc now and 5 years later it's still working.

Lol thanks for the info man, my sister wants me to buy a graphics card for her but its AGP, for bookworm and the sorts. (runs really slow on 4mb shared memory)

My girlfriend is using an old machine of mine that still has AGP. I think it's got a ATI Radeon 9200 SE. Eh maybe I should get a newer card for her. Unfortunately I can't afford a new pc for her.

I think it's got a 4x AGP slot. Is that correct? Crikey I can't remember those things. I'll have to go read up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    My girlfriend is using an old machine of mine that still has AGP. I think it's got a ATI Radeon 9200 SE. Eh maybe I should get a newer card for her. Unfortunately I can't afford a new pc for her.

I think it's got a 4x AGP slot. Is that correct? Crikey I can't remember those things. I'll have to go read up on it.
    The 9200 series was such a sweet card, my mates one that he uses for a server still going strong