Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 4 reasons why gamers should own a console instead of a PC

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    But then just get a friend who's nice and awesome (like me) that if i see my mate using my shared library and i don't plan on playing something online (csgo for eg), i just go offline and play. that way we can both play on my account
    hahahaha! I have you on steam right?

Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by foozball3000 View Post
    The ideal is to have both. Kicking back with a PlayStation on the couch is appealing.

But on the cost factor, isn't it a bit of a double edge sword? (I'm asking out of sheer ignorance, the last console I owned was a PS2)
    The setup, which is still expensive. TV + Console, is cheaper than PC, but the games are much more expensive. Especially when with PC, you can 'try before you buy' and not lose tons of cash on over hyped games that end up being bad (Glares at Civ:Beyond Earth)
    This. So much of this. While I am still a die-hard PC gamer I am no longer one that laughs at or mocks console gaming. After hearing nothing but unanimous praise for The Last of Us throughout 2013 I decided to enter and end up being lucky enough to win a PS3 from G3AR that same year. I immediately bought a copy of The Last of Us, played it, loved it and was sold on the benefits of owning both a PC and a console.

To echo foozball's double edge comment I would say that console gaming can be just as expensive as PC gaming, it all depends on how rich you want your experience to be. I may have received a PS3 for free but I couldn't use it until I dropped some serious moola on a decent size TV as I didn't own one at the time. On top of that I am now considering upgrade options to further improve the experience because I want things like DTS audio and true surround sound. Not to mention a lazy-boy which would cost way more than the comfy office chair I use for my PC.

If anything this article should've focused more on why it's good to own both, because owning a console opened my eyes to how good gaming can be if you don't lock yourself into one platform. There are also some titles on Steam which play great, if not better, in Big Picture mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Plus you can trade games. For me that's a big plus of console gaming.
    I think Steam sales more than make up for the lack of a trading option. Even though I have a PS3 I'm not a big fan of trading games, mainly because I buy my games new to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by MalicE View Post
    It's great but fundamentally flawed unfortunately. As soon as the person you are sharing with starts playing anything on steam while you are running one of their games steam cuts you off.
    Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    Steam tells you that they've started playing, and gives you about 2 minutes to close your game. I share my library with my mate from brazil as well as my other mate, its awesome. they've even made some purchases because they were able to try the games and then liked it enough to buy it for themselves. The fact that people were already "selling" sharing copies of doom on steam accounts shows that it isn't likely to change, since its otherwise open to abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalicE View Post
    correct

the problem is I never get to play The Walking Dead: Season 2 now because he's playing games on steam
    I share my library with my wife and it is working out quite well. Originally (I suppose due to a glitch or something), we were both able to play, just not the same game. That got "fixed" after an update quite a few months ago.
    Now if we both want to play, then I just restart Steam in offline mode and then we can even play the same game. That obviously only works because I'm only playing single player games. Suppose you'll run into some issues if you try that with MP.

No guts, no glory, no brain, same story.

If you're really into a controllers, there is a shait load of controllers that works on PC. Steam controller with Steam GUI, sweet.
    Exclusives? I can play exclusives from years ago......console peasants, need to buy the remasterred edition (if released at all)
    PC also have emulators for some older consoles, Dolphin comes to mind.
    Oh, and cost, newer games tend to be expensive on release. Give it a few months and it will go down faster than console games. Or, g2a or similiar keys sites sell games for cheap.
    Last edited by beans100; 22-10-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Why must people always argue over which platform is better? I have a PC, PS4 and both last gen consoles. I don't care on which platform I play any given game. It's about the game, not what I'm playing it on. Play games, not platforms.

On the matter of exclusivity. Yes, PC does have access to a lot of Xbone "exclusives" now, but what about the PS exclusives? You can argue all you want about how many lists of PC exclusive games there are (honestly, how many of these are AAA PC exclusives?) but the sad fact is PC will never have Bloodborne. Or Uncharted. Or the Last of Us. And so on and so forth... And yes, it's worth buying the console just for these games. Bloodborne alone justifies the purchase.

That list someone posted about platform exclusives. Did you look at the date at the top of that list? It's an almost 3 and a half year old list and most of those PC games are indie titles. Just saying...

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wlad; 22-10-2016 at 03:22 PM.

I bought Xbox 360 for my daughter's birthday and she absolutely loves. The Kinect sensor is amazing and it responds quite well. Kinect Adventures are really fun and the whole family was in our living room playing it.
    So someone here doing research I would highly recommend you check this video game console.

this article should be: 4 reasons why gamers should own a console IN ADDITION TO a PC!!!!

the premise of the article being that consoles are inherently SUPERIOR (Which is bollocks)

2 words: Backward Compatibility.

with PC, it comes standard

Xbox re-introduced it a few years back.

Playstation initially had it, but ditched it, starting with the later PS3.

it is generally accepted notion that, if you buy a new console, you have to buy new games with it...

take in to account that a new console is released every 3-5 years, on average
    Last edited by GCF_Undefined; 16-06-2017 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GCF_Undefined View Post
    this article should be: 4 reasons why gamers should own a console IN ADDITION TO a PC!!!!

the premise of the article being that consoles are inherently SUPERIOR (Which is bollocks)

2 words: Backward Compatibility.

with PC, it comes standard

Xbox re-introduced it a few years back.

Playstation initially had it, but ditched it, starting with the later PS3.

it is generally accepted notion that, if you buy a new console, you have to buy new games with it...

take in to account that a new console is released every 3-5 years, on average
    Quote Originally Posted by Levana91 View Post
    I bought Xbox 360 for my daughter's birthday and she absolutely loves. The Kinect sensor is amazing and it responds quite well. Kinect Adventures are really fun and the whole family was in our living room playing it.
    So someone here doing research I would highly recommend you check this
    Name:  MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  36.1 KB