Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4 reasons why gamers should own a console instead of a PC

MyGaming Journalist

Default 4 reasons why gamers should own a console instead of a PC

4 reasons why gamers should own a console instead of a PC

This is why you should make the jump to console.

Plus you can trade games. For me that's a big plus of console gaming.

Name:  9233b79c9aed3eb95c09fc9ba46b8317.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  38.3 KB

Worst post ever dudes.. really bad.

Exclusives??? I think PC has both consoles beat on that one. O.o
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more games exclusive to PC. Way more..

And ease of use? Press power button, open steam, select game. Seems the same as a Playstation.
    Or do you mean when PC does way more stuff than console, then it's complicated? -_-

4k gaming. Did you take into account what a 4k TV will cost? Or is the idea to plug the 4k consoles directly into the gamer's eyes?
    4k gaming is expensive either way around..
    Bandwidth: Something more precious than gold in South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Plus you can trade games. For me that's a big plus of console gaming.
    I can see that. Day-1 DLC has messed that up a little, and Steam's Family Sharing option has re-opened game sharing on PC, but trading / trading-in has effectively been limited to consoles.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by foozball3000 View Post
    And ease of use? Press power button, open steam, select game. Seems the same as a Playstation.
    Or do you mean when PC does way more stuff than console, then it's complicated? -_-
    This and cost are the only points where Ryan and I agree. Even if you buy a pre-built gaming PC, it comes with complexity you just don't have to deal with on a console. That's the trade-off for the flexibility PCs provide.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

As a person who owns both and plays on both regularly, I actually prefer gaming on a console because I find it more relaxing.

I can hook up my pc to my tv and run Steam in big screen mode and then play that on my couch but even that's not the same. The XBox One is so quiet and convenient.

But pc has its advantages too. More so than a console.

Yet on weekends I relax with the XBox.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    This and cost are the only points where Ryan and I agree. Even if you buy a pre-built gaming PC, it comes with complexity you just don't have to deal with on a console. That's the trade-off for the flexibility PCs provide.
    The ideal is to have both. Kicking back with a PlayStation on the couch is appealing.

But on the cost factor, isn't it a bit of a double edge sword? (I'm asking out of sheer ignorance, the last console I owned was a PS2)
    The setup, which is still expensive. TV + Console, is cheaper than PC, but the games are much more expensive. Especially when with PC, you can 'try before you buy' and not lose tons of cash on over hyped games that end up being bad (Glares at Civ:Beyond Earth)
    Bandwidth: Something more precious than gold in South Africa

The ideal is to have both. Kicking back with a PlayStation on the couch is appealing.

But on the cost factor, isn't it a bit of a double edge sword? (I'm asking out of sheer ignorance, the last console I owned was a PS2)
    The setup, which is still expensive. TV + Console, is cheaper than PC, but the games are much more expensive. Especially when with PC, you can 'try before you buy' and not lose tons of cash on over hyped games that end up being bad (Glares at Civ:Beyond Earth)
    Unfortunately the games aren't all that more expensive these days. There was an article about it. Plus on a console you can play it and then trade the game for something else or trade it in. However not everyone likes to trade their games.

The setup, which is still expensive. TV + Console, is cheaper than PC, but the games are much more expensive.
    This is actually a very tricky comparison to do. I tried my hand at one over a year ago: PC vs PlayStation 4 vs Xbox One cost comparison.

Back then, I estimated that PC gaming becomes the cheaper platform in South Africa after buying around 10 games in a generation.

That is working on new release AAA pricing. Things have changed dramatically since then, though (as Ryan and Soli pointed out). It also doesn't take into account sale pricing; or monthly "clubs" like PSN, XBL, Humble, and Origin/EA Access.

It also doesn't take into account game trading and sharing, second-hand purchases, and reselling your games.

Just thinking of all the nigh-unquantifiable factors for such a comparison makes my brain make all kinds of concerning noises.