Thread: How to get better at first-person shooters – tips from a pro Counter-Strike player

MyGaming Journalist

Default How to get better at first-person shooters – tips from a pro Counter-Strike player

How to get better at first-person shooters – tips from a pro Counter-Strike player

Tired of getting wrecked in CS:GO and Overwatch? These tips will improve your game.

The responsiveness of a mechanical keyboard just feels a lot better than the old-school keyboards.”
    Old-school keyboards WERE mechanical

The responsiveness of a mechanical keyboard just feels a lot better than the old-school keyboards.”
    Someone that is a native english speaker please explain this to me.

Is responsiveness not the time for when you hit the button to be shown on the screen like when you are typing in windows and you type to fast and windows can't keep up but you can go into the settings and change it.

Does he not mean the feedback you get from pressing a mechanical key vs a dome key?
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post

Is responsiveness not the time for when you hit the button to be shown on the screen like when you are typing in windows and you type to fast and windows can't keep up but you can go into the settings and change it.

Does he not mean the feedback you get from pressing a mechanical key vs a dome key?
    I am pretty sure he means the feedback, which allows one to type faster. From the instant the key action is triggered (ie, switch/dome makes contact) to the time it shows up in windows would be the same as far as I know. If you want less lag on either type of keyboard, I believe you're better off with a 6-pin miniDIN connector over USB, but maybe that has changed since last I heard (or maybe I heard wrong in the first place)...

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post

As a CSGO player who also has a mechanical keyboard (and can type at about 80+ WPM) I think you are 100% correct. I think he's mixed up responsiveness with tactile feedback. I think he means how the buttons "push back" and respond alot nicer/better on a mechanical than a membrane. So you're right, he definitely means feedback over "how quick it responds to button push" hehe