Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Next gen upgrade questions

Default Next gen upgrade questions

Hi all

My son currently has an Xbox360, with about half a gazillion games.
    I am thinking of maybe getting him either a Xbox One or a PS 4.
    I am a PC guy, so my knowledge of consoles is dangerous at best...

I have a few things I need some advice/tips on please.

1. This is probably a touchy one but which console to get?
    2. Are any of the 360 games compatible with the Xbox One?
    I have Googled a bit and it seems like yes, I am just battling to find a list of games.
    The main ones are Lego games and Disney Infinity 3.0

Thank you

Here is a list. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._with_Xbox_One

I personally would go for the ps4 but then again pc all the way
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

[MENTION=21942]happynoodleboy[/MENTION] firstly how old is your son?

Im my opinion the backwards compatibility thing really isnt an issue. You have a 360 so if he still wants to play those games, he can. But he wont. Iv kept my PS3 because i was certain i would want to go back and play the games I have... nearly 2 years later and I havent even turned it on again.

I have always been a PS fan, and I am comfortable with the control, iv only ever had PS consoles so I stick with them. In my opinion the PS4 has a superior exclusive line up to the X-1, and going forward there is a lot to look forward to. Microsoft seem to be going the route of releasing X-1 games on PC. They even starting "cross platform" play with the PC. So if you have a PC already, you can plug in a X-1 control and off you go...

Im assuming your kid is about 12? if so, why not ask him? He might be very opposed to the PS, i know its not something you might realize, but most people dont like to switch once they have one of the two... It will also depend heavily on what his friends have. And it will make your like cheaper. Obviously you need to monitor it, but if he can swap games with friends everyone benefits...

Hope this helped ;-)

"I shave my arms so I'm more aerodynamic in a fight" Wlad 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    Here is a list. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._with_Xbox_One

I personally would go for the ps4 but then again pc all the way
    Thank you. He has a PC but it seems he has converted to the darkside.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    [MENTION=21942]happynoodleboy[/MENTION] firstly how old is your son?

Im my opinion the backwards compatibility thing really isnt an issue. You have a 360 so if he still wants to play those games, he can. But he wont. Iv kept my PS3 because i was certain i would want to go back and play the games I have... nearly 2 years later and I havent even turned it on again.

I have always been a PS fan, and I am comfortable with the control, iv only ever had PS consoles so I stick with them. In my opinion the PS4 has a superior exclusive line up to the X-1, and going forward there is a lot to look forward to. Microsoft seem to be going the route of releasing X-1 games on PC. They even starting "cross platform" play with the PC. So if you have a PC already, you can plug in a X-1 control and off you go...

Im assuming your kid is about 12? if so, why not ask him? He might be very opposed to the PS, i know its not something you might realize, but most people dont like to switch once they have one of the two... It will also depend heavily on what his friends have. And it will make your like cheaper. Obviously you need to monitor it, but if he can swap games with friends everyone benefits...

Hope this helped ;-)
    Hey Tom

Helps a lot thanks.

He turns 8 this year, and what you say about the friends having whatever is a big point.
    all his buddies have PS4's, so I think it might be the one( haha )

Now I suppose it is time to start making a list of which organs are the most dispensable, so I can start to re stock his game collection....
    I foresee a LOT of mowing lawns in someone's immediate future..

Thanks a lot for the advice guys, appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by happynoodleboy View Post
    Thank you. He has a PC but it seems he has converted to the darkside.....

Hey Tom

Helps a lot thanks.

He turns 8 this year, and what you say about the friends having whatever is a big point.
    all his buddies have PS4's, so I think it might be the one( haha )

Now I suppose it is time to start making a list of which organs are the most dispensable, so I can start to re stock his game collection....
    I foresee a LOT of mowing lawns in someone's immediate future..

Thanks a lot for the advice guys, appreciated
    Glad i could help, just one last thing to bare in mind... The PS4 Pro is launching soon. Its basically the same thing as the normal PS4, but with a few upgrades, mainly to better support the PSVR. If i was you, and obviously finances dependent, I would wait a bit and get the PS4 PRO. It should be coming out in the next month or so, but im a firm believer in buying the newest hardware if you can to avoid an upgrade down the line...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Glad i could help, just one last thing to bare in mind... The PS4 Pro is launching soon. Its basically the same thing as the normal PS4, but with a few upgrades, mainly to better support the PSVR. If i was you, and obviously finances dependent, I would wait a bit and get the PS4 PRO. It should be coming out in the next month or so, but im a firm believer in buying the newest hardware if you can to avoid an upgrade down the line...
    Cool thanks, makes sense. I will definitely look out for that then.

I'm following this thread with interest.
    I'm busy weighing up options for an upgrade.
    Only reason I won't go with PS4 is through games with gold I have plenty Xbox one games. Saves me buying games on the initial setup.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbeast View Post
    Only reason I won't go with PS4 is through games with gold I have plenty Xbox one games. Saves me buying games on the initial setup.
    I've got an XBox One and I love it! I'll be getting the XBox Scorpio when it launches.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbeast View Post
    I hear what you are saying, and I cant disagree, but i do feel that the free games we get given, on both platforms, are nothing compared to the "real" games, if you get what im saying. I haven't played one of the PS Plus games in quite a while...

I'd go for the PS4.