Thread: Troubleshooting for pets

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.) Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies Leaving a mark

Default Troubleshooting for pets

So recently I have been having some.... problems with my cats. Now I tried Google and they all give the same advice I so far nothing has worked. So I was thinking why not have a place where fellow pet owners can give tried and tested advice. I mean hey, if the parent can have a thread then why not the people with animal children?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies MyGaming Champion Vanguard

What do you wanna know Malice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.) Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies Leaving a mark

ok so here is my current dilemma.

I have to cats, who I love dearly. But lately it has become more challenging to do so...

Recently one of the have developed the habit of chewing through cables and he literally just waits for us to leave the room or go to bed. So far he's chewed through my phone's charger (while it was plugged in), my PS4's earphone/mic and as of this morning 3 telephone cables.

Now I caught Scratch (aka The Black Bastard) in the act of eating my PS4 mic so I know it's him eating everything else. I am now running out of ideas... and money...

And if I didn't love the little shits so much and if they weren't so gawdamn adorable I would have kicked their asses to the curb already.

Name:  11381810_1607207336223575_1157455899_n.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  156.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies MyGaming Champion Vanguard

Tabasco sauce - take a paintbrush and paint the parts that you know the bugger is chewing. They hate it with a passion. Also have you tried spraying the areas with lemongrass oil - mix about a teaspoon of oil with 50mls of water and spray the areas. You can also spray the car with it if he misbehaves.

Hope you havent tried these yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in.

Do you play with them enough?

i find mine do stuff like that when they want attention. my one cat will try to chew my hot toys figurines or will push them form the desk. the other will just try and push over the pc screen or insist on lying on my keyboard while im using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Yeah I'd try something like Wyvern said. Maybe something stronger than tabasco though. Something with moerse burn...

Also maybe the cat needs toys? Mine never showed any interest in toys but might help

Also cable organisers
    Name:  EJ05A-44.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  73.5 KB
    #hashtag #anotherhashtag #bonushashtag

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Luckily ours only did this when she was little (like a few months) and stopped. Didn't cause any major damage though, chewed one of my phone chargers partway through.

I hope Wyv's advice works for you man

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Damn I thought I had it rough with my 2 cats. They can get quite wild and have their crazy moments chasing each other around the house but thankfully they're not that destructive (apart from our leather couch having a few claw marks ).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.) Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

I would also suggest putting a box next to any cables, our kitten plays with the cables to our new TV so we have put a box near his access point which he now jumps in, gets distracted by and chews. Also try getting a scratching post or something for them to chew on or play with, they may just be trying to get your attention

How old are they?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Trophies Leaving a mark

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Tabasco sauce - take a paintbrush and paint the parts that you know the bugger is chewing. They hate it with a passion. Also have you tried spraying the areas with lemongrass oil - mix about a teaspoon of oil with 50mls of water and spray the areas. You can also spray the car with it if he misbehaves.

Hope you havent tried these yet
    We have that "voetsack" spray but only seems to last a day or so then they're back at it
    tabasco might teach them a lesson

Quote Originally Posted by Wenzdayz View Post
    Do you play with them enough?

i find mine do stuff like that when they want attention. my one cat will try to chew my hot toys figurines or will push them form the desk. the other will just try and push over the pc screen or insist on lying on my keyboard while im using it.
    I play with them but they mostly play with each other. that's partly why we got the second one, so they can keep themselves entertained

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Yeah I'd try something like Wyvern said. Maybe something stronger than tabasco though. Something with moerse burn...

Also maybe the cat needs toys? Mine never showed any interest in toys but might help

Also cable organisers
    oh they have toys. more toys than me.

can't really use the cable organiser because the cable runs over our... hallway for lack of a better word. so it's very visible and you have to walk over it.

Quote Originally Posted by brendanvb View Post
    Damn I thought I had it rough with my 2 cats. They can get quite wild and have their crazy moments chasing each other around the house but thankfully they're not that destructive (apart from our leather couch having a few claw marks ).
    oh when those to get up to full speed they leave a path of destruction. numerous times I have gone downstairs in the morning only to be greeted by a shattered glass/vase

and they are well on their way to destroy our couches and bed bases

Quote Originally Posted by Donisia View Post
    I would also suggest putting a box next to any cables, our kitten plays with the cables to our new TV so we have put a box near his access point which he now jumps in, gets distracted by and chews. Also try getting a scratching post or something for them to chew on or play with, they may just be trying to get your attention

How old are they?
    they have a scratch post but that doesn't interest them much. now and again I put catnip on it to distract them but that also doesn't last long.

Scratch (the black bastard) turned 1 this month and Chewie is about 7 months old now.