Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raru reveals the incredible numbers behind its Black Friday Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Sweet. [MENTION=23338]RyanBrothwell[/MENTION] did the heavy lifting on this one. Unfortunately we don't have a Raru rep here. Did you want to ask them something?
    Not in particular, just wanted to let them know too that it's all much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Raru View Post
    I've registered on the MyGaming side now as well. I am mostly on the MyBB side to assist with any queries etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by RenierZA View Post
    I'm also registered if there are technical questions.

yes this was a good Read, well done indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    Not in particular, just wanted to let them know too that it's all much appreciated.
    I'd like to take the question opportunity for a few questions:
    [MENTION=24439]Raru[/MENTION] [MENTION=1031]RenierZA[/MENTION]

It looks like traffic this year was insane for Black Friday. Do you guys think this is due to an increase in more people turning to online shopping, or because of the fact that there was more excitement around Black Friday deals this year?

Follow up on that questions, was most of the sales made by first time buyers/new registers to the site?

Which specials batch was the most popular on the day?

We did post a link of what items sold the most on BF. [MENTION=1031]RenierZA[/MENTION] would need to look into the sales data to answer the other quesions.

https://raru.co.za/news/3359-raru-bl...6-best-sellers

The most popular batch was the 8am to 10am batch, with the 11am to 2pm batch following close behind.

About 40% of all sales on Black Friday were from first time buyers.

Awesome! Welcome to [MENTION=24439]Raru[/MENTION], and happy to see you delurk [MENTION=1031]RenierZA[/MENTION]
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Wow, that's impressive. Clearly your marketing group did something right. [MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION]: Did the groups that feed you numbers report back anything interesting? Just from keeping eyes and ears open, this year's BF seems to have been a lot larger than last year's, and the discounts seems to have been a lot deeper in general.

We did post a link of what items sold the most on BF. [MENTION=1031]RenierZA[/MENTION] would need to look into the sales data to answer the other quesions.

https://raru.co.za/news/3359-raru-bl...6-best-sellers
    The most popular batch was the 8am to 10am batch, with the 11am to 2pm batch following close behind.

Cool thanks for the answer guys. I'm glad that there was so many first time buyers. Hopefully the'll become reoccurring buyers. It's interesting to see the slow progress of shopper change in SA from normal brick-and-mortar stores to online stores. I see more and more people I never would think about buying online getting packages sent to them.

There are of course certain product lines such as groceries and toiletries which will work better for B & M vs Online as we saw in videos and photos posted on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar View Post
    Wow, that's impressive. Clearly your marketing group did something right. [MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION]: Did the groups that feed you numbers report back anything interesting? Just from keeping eyes and ears open, this year's BF seems to have been a lot larger than last year's, and the discounts seems to have been a lot deeper in general.
    Well, not going into too much specifics as it is extremely sensitive data, you would not expect November to be a much more quiet month in terms of sales. Obviously sales on BF is much higher than the daily average, but due to deep cuts in price margin is also much lower, thus turnover isn't that incredible. What is valuable from BF is the continuous support from buyers getting products for the first time. But then again, groceries and technology markets and buying process is different.

There are of course certain product lines such as groceries and toiletries which will work better for B & M vs Online as we saw in videos and photos posted on Friday.
    Absolutely, but its good to see the increase in online shopping uptake as well, as the last few articles I read about this still shows that in SA people aren't too willing to go online for shopping.