Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: AMD To Attack Performance Desktop Market With RYZEN

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    What do you see if you run AMD Ryzen Master?
    Same thing:
    Name:  2017-05-15 (1).png
Views: 154
Size:  133.6 KB
    Manged to step down the clock multiplier using AI Suite (?) tool from 3.85 to 3.00 as a temporary measure in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by B1nary View Post
    As lame as this sound how Sure are you that its not a 1800x, have you seen the CPU ? perhaps a mistake was made ?
    Not lame at all - in fact, that was my very first thought as well. And no, I never saw the actual CPU before it went in. While I can't be 100% certain without removing the fan and heatsink assembly, I am fairly sure it's a 1700 CPU. The packing that came with it is definitely for the 1700. The seal confirms this, and the 1700 is the only one that comes included with a heatsink and stock AMD Wraith fan. The fan and heatsink packaging, and the fan in my case look exactly like ones I saw in an unboxing video. (They're separate buys for the 1700X and 1800X and I sure didn't pony up for them.)

All that besides the probability that I'd imagine the good folk over at [MENTION=12410]Rebel Tech[/MENTION] would have picked up on it while they did the build.

“You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~

Quote Originally Posted by GregRedd View Post
    Not lame at all - in fact, that was my very first thought as well. And no, I never saw the actual CPU before it went in. While I can't be 100% certain without removing the fan and heatsink assembly, I am fairly sure it's a 1700 CPU. The packing that came with it is definitely for the 1700. The seal confirms this, and the 1700 is the only one that comes included with a heatsink and stock AMD Wraith fan. The fan and heatsink packaging, and the fan in my case look exactly like ones I saw in an unboxing video. (They're separate buys for the 1700X and 1800X and I sure didn't pony up for them.)

All that besides the probability that I'd imagine the good folk over at [MENTION=12410]Rebel Tech[/MENTION] would have picked up on it while they did the build.
    It's very, very possible that the factory placed the wrong CPU in the box? Probably a one in a million+ but still possible. Otherwise, I would say get some free time and actually physically look at the CPU. If it is a 1700, then re-seat it, that should reset it and hopefully fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    It's very, very possible that the factory placed the wrong CPU in the box? Probably a one in a million+ but still possible. Otherwise, I would say get some free time and actually physically look at the CPU. If it is a 1700, then re-seat it, that should reset it and hopefully fix it.
    This. While all Ryzen 7 chips are effectively the same thing; with the top binned chips becoming an 1800X and the 1700X and lower being made from chips which fail certain quality checks this wouldn't explain why a R7 1700 would get recognised as an 1800X?

Did you get the processor box? If so what does it say? Otherwise the only way to know for sure would be to physically check the CPU lid. Your temps are really low in that screenshot, does it go up to if you run a AIDA64 System Stability Test?

If your system is stable then chances are good that you scored an 1800X packaged into a 1700 box by mistake. In which case lucky you.
    Last edited by Xiphan; 15-05-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Name:  Ryzen Beast.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  259.2 KB

1800X
    ASRock X370 Taichi
    Corsair H110i GTX (Swapped to an air cooler for the time being, waiting on the new EK aio to launch)
    G.skill TridentZ RGB [email protected]
    Aorus GTX1080 Ti
    Corsair Neutron XT 480GB
    Coolermaster V1200
    Corsair Air 740
    LG 34UC79G LED 144Hz
    Logitech G933
    Corsair K95 Platinum
    Razer DeathAdder Elite
    Last edited by The Joker; 03-07-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Passmark has seen an increased number of tests done using AMD CPUs leading HardOCP to believe AMD has clawed back at least 10.4% market share from Intel:

Quote Originally Posted by HardOCP
    AMD Takes 10.4% CPU Share from Intel in Q2 2017

According to a new report from PassMark, AMD has increased its market share by 10.4%: the company’s percentage last quarter was 20.6%, but now it is sitting at 31%. This is supposedly AMD’s largest single quarter share gain in history: Ryzen may be the company’s most successful product launch ever.

Name:  r9iBbpt.png
Views: 92
Size:  37.0 KB
    However I'd take this article with a grain of salt as tests run does not necessarily equal CPUs sold.

So I'm now the proud owner of a Ryzen 1600, paired with an Asus RoG B350-F and 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance @2933MHz.

It's early days yet, but so far any CPU related benchmark is up by over 100% compared to my old FX6300. I'm loving it

Ryzen 3 should be out by the end of the month, eager to see performance on those! We getting 4/4 Quad chips for the price of a i3? Sign me right up!

Ryzen 3 should be out by the end of the month, eager to see performance on those! We getting 4/4 Quad chips for the price of a i3? Sign me right up!
    I would have held out for Ryzen 3, but decided to rather invest in something a bit more future-proof. The 1600 is just fantastic value for money.

Having said that, AM4 mobo's are very well priced, and given that the socket is brand new and will be supported for a few years, you can always drop in a new CPU later down the line.

Looks like Ryzen 3 is a winner! I also see some APU's being launched locally too

Looks like Ryzen 3 is a winner! I also see some APU's being launched locally too
    If these APU's are the Bristol Ridge series, they are not based on Zen cores, but the older Excavators. Ryzen 3 does look pretty interesting if you're on a tighter budget though.