Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD To Attack Performance Desktop Market With RYZEN

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    Until we have final confirmed pricing and actual real world performance numbers I'm not getting anywhere near remotely excited.
    Indeed...but I really hope they can bring some competition onto the scene, it really would be win-win for everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepslag View Post
    That's why. That site isn't exactly renowned for being reputable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

I would trust NeoGAF and ChipHell before I trust WCCFTech.

Other than that the New Ryzen lineup is looking mighty fine! According to sources AM4 motherboards are also coming in cheaper too. That R5 1500 might just be my new CPU in the future. Even the R3 1100/1200X looks like it could murder the Pentium/Core i3 and lower end core i5's.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Seems like I'm having an upgrade in a month or two!
    Looking at the 7 1700X

Benchmarks and local pricing will determine my purchase. cant wait!
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

I've been saving up for a few months in anticipation of Ryzen's launch. I'm going to go all out and get the top of the range R7 1800X (It's the 8C/16T monster). I'll be like:

I'm just worried that it will still be several more months after Ryzen's launch before we see AM4 boards locally. While I will be getting my CPU & RAM from either NewEgg or Amazon I'd prefer to get a mobo locally for warranty purposes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    I've been saving up for a few months in anticipation of Ryzen's launch. I'm going to go all out and get the top of the range R7 1800X (It's the 8C/16T monster). I'll be like:

I'm just worried that it will still be several more months after Ryzen's launch before we see AM4 boards locally. While I will be getting my CPU & RAM from either NewEgg or Amazon I'd prefer to get a mobo locally for warranty purposes.
    Would it really take that long before local retailers get hold of Ryzen chips and boards? I don't seem to recall waiting months for a new range of GPU's to launch here, for example.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Those coolers look amazing, I noticed on the ASRock motherboards there is a port called; AMD__FAN_LED now I know why...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

@Xiphan what brand X370 motherboard do you wanna get? Assuming it's x370 seeing you want the top Ryzen CPU
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepslag View Post
    Would it really take that long before local retailers get hold of Ryzen chips and boards? I don't seem to recall waiting months for a new range of GPU's to launch here, for example.
    Time will tell. I know Rectron has shown extreme bias towards AMD in the past and it's a miracle I have an AM3+ Gigabyte 990FX board at all! In fact I remember when looking for AMD products a few years ago, I called up their sales dept. and I was told outright that they don't carry AMD! Hopefully this will change with Ryzen as some of those Aorus boards look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by blaaislaai View Post
    @Xiphan what brand X370 motherboard do you wanna get? Assuming it's x370 seeing you want the top Ryzen CPU
    To be honest it's going to come down to aesthetics for me and what is available locally. While I wouldn't mind the Asus Crosshair VI for sheer bragging rights I may even settle for a mainstream board as I don't really see myself running a CrossFire setup.

I'm also not opposed to brands like ASRock as I have an FM2A88X-ITX+ in my HTPC which runs rock solid 24/7 and the X370 Taichi looks like a stunning piece of tech:

Name:  ASRock-X370-Taichi.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  246.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

@Xiphan I'd be very surprised if the major retailers don't all carry these chips as soon as they become available. Not sure about the wholesalers, but places like Wootware, Evetech, Rebeltech and even Takealot have no shortage of AMD CPU's or mobo's.