Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD To Attack Performance Desktop Market With RYZEN

Quote Originally Posted by blaaislaai View Post
    Is it really worh it to pay almost R2k more for the 1800x? for just 200mhz faster.
    1700x seems to be the better value for money.
    From what I understand the 1800X is essentially AMD's absolute best Ryzen silicon. These are the golden chips on a given wafer; effectively they have no defects and they can clock the highest. Is that worth the extra R2k? Probably not, but this is my gift from me to me, afterall it is my birthday next week and I have been saving up for a few months in anticipation of this.

Otherwise I just placed my order with Wootware for the following:

• R7 1800X
    • Asus Crosshair VI Hero
    • Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVMe Drive
    • G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 32GB (4x8GB) 3000MHz DDR4 CL16

I can't freaking wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    From what I understand the 1800X is essentially AMD's absolute best Ryzen silicon. These are the golden chips on a given wafer; effectively they have no defects and they can clock the highest. Is that worth the extra R2k? Probably not, but this is my gift from me to me, afterall it is my birthday next week and I have been saving up for a few months in anticipation of this.

• R7 1800X
    • Asus Crosshair VI Hero

I can't freaking wait!

What are you going to use to cool it? I believe it does not come with a stock cooler and I have not seen brackets for AM4 in SA yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post

• R7 1800X
    • Asus Crosshair VI Hero

I can't freaking wait!
    I'm excited for your part man! The above specs is similar what I wanna get, but just the 1700x instead of the 1800x

[MENTION=3017]Glordit[/MENTION]

There are some AM4 coolers on wootware
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Quote Originally Posted by blaaislaai View Post
    I

There are some AM4 coolers on wootware
    Links, please? I have been looking but all I see is AMx/AM3+

*EDIT*
    I found 1 that shows actual AM4 support: http://www.wootware.co.za/cooler-mas...pu-cooler.html
    Last edited by Glordit; 23-02-2017 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    Links, please? I have been looking but all I see is AMx/AM3+

*EDIT*
    I found 1 that shows actual AM4 support: http://www.wootware.co.za/cooler-mas...pu-cooler.html
    http://www.wootware.co.za/coolermast...pu-cooler.html
    http://www.wootware.co.za/corsair-cw...pu-cooler.html
    http://www.wootware.co.za/coolermast...pu-cooler.html

The above were all on the homepage for the AM4/Ryzen tech
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Thanks. I was not aware that you could click on the Banners to see additional information.

The T4 would probably be around the same performance as the Stock cooler. The CM and Corsair AIO loops, will probably have around the same performance as a very good HSF solution (Dark Rock 3/Cryorig H7).

There are also rumblings about a RX 5xx series coming too. That will probably be relieved next week at the "Capsaicin" event AMD is having.
    That's their VEGA GPU architecture which is expected to launch in Q2 2017. And yes, while the official press release says:

AMD Shares Stage with Leading Game Developers to Showcase the Future of Graphics & Processor Technologies
    2nd annual "Capsaicin Live" Webcast during the 2017 Game Developers Conference to contain exclusive looks at the summer's most anticipated PC games and VR experiences

SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 02/21/17 -- AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced its second annual "Capsaicin Live" webcast and press event on Tuesday, February 28 at 10:30 AM PT (12:30 PM CT/1:30 PM ET) during the 2017 Game Developer Conference, broadcast live from the famed San Francisco theater district.

Hosted by Radeon Technologies Group's Senior Vice President and Chief Architect, Raja Koduri, the show will be a celebration of PC gaming, the technology steering its future, and the developers who work tirelessly to transform their imaginations into tomorrow's blockbuster games.

The one-hour live event will offer PC gaming enthusiasts and developers around the world a preview of AMD's latest graphics and processor technologies, reveal exciting new details surrounding Vega, and showcase the summer's most anticipated PC and VR games from visionary game developers.

Named after the legendary component in chili peppers that adds an addictive kick to spicy foods, "Capsaicin Live" explores the essence and creative power of the graphics processing unit (GPU), evoking the magic that game and VR developers create every day when they turn raw code into exciting, memorable, and addicting experiences.

A real-time video webcast of the event will be accessible on Radeon.com. A replay of the webcast can be accessed a few hours after the conclusion of the live event on the AMD YouTube channel.
    Rumours on the internet say Raja Koduri will be there to talk about VEGA 10 & 11.

As far as I can tell the X series has a higher extended frequency range, like a auto-overclocker which can go past the base boost clocks. This is dependant on cooling, and why the X series don't come with coolers? We will have to see next week when reviews are out.
    Correct and the 1700 non-X is 65W TDP whereas the 1700X and 1800X are both 95W.

What are you going to use to cool it? I believe it does not come with a stock cooler and I have not seen brackets for AM4 in SA yet.
    I'm going to use my existing Corsair H100i GTX because one of the features of the Crosshair VI Hero is that it has mounting holes for existing AM3 coolers.

Name:  Crosshair-VI-ROG.png
Views: 264
Size:  271.3 KB

Otherwise it's a pity not all of them come with the new Wraith spire cooler, because...

(Skip to 10:18)

Interesting rumours about the RX 5xx series is that some might be refreshes of the current Polaris Lineup, as well as VEGA chips. Exciting times for PC enthusiasts these past couple of months.

I can only guess that there is a lot more in store for us, with Nvidia announcing the GTX1080Ti the same day. (My money is on the 1080Ti being a super charged 1080 or a slightly cut down Titan X).

Also...

Boom AMD hits Intel with hard right punch ,it feels like its been a while since they made these types of substantial waves waiting for some decent benchmarks to start flowing in, i'm relatively excited about what this is going to cause in the long run.