Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD To Attack Performance Desktop Market With RYZEN

Quote Originally Posted by Weasley View Post
    can not wait thanks Joker

hope you get well soon
    The review will be up later today/tomorrow morning.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    The review will be up later today/tomorrow morning.
    bump

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    bump
    it's done, just waiting for final approval and then I'll post it.

Was it ever approved? Just sent you mail re possible upgrade to the Ryzen 7 and am well keen to read your review.

[MENTION=2132]Xiphan[/MENTION] How's your Ryzen build doing? Any thoughts yet?

“You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~

Did you post this somewhere or still waiting for red tape ?

Quote Originally Posted by GregRedd View Post
    Was it ever approved? Just sent you mail re possible upgrade to the Ryzen 7 and am well keen to read your review.

I'm absolutely loving my system; it's a multitasking and performance beast! My only gripe is that I should never have gone for G.Skill's new RGB series RAM. As gorgeous as it is there are some serious problems plaguing it on the new AM4 platform. I've already had to RMA my kit once and the replacement kit I received last week went faulty over the weekend as well.

At the moment I'm just waiting for Wootware to reply to my email as I'm hoping I can trade the memory in for something else, ideally a non RGB kit or something entirely different.

That being said when it does work, it works really well and offers night and day difference over my old FX8350 system. When I first got my system I decided to see how well it performs at HEVC (x265) encoding by converting some of my Blu-Rays, and not only did it blaze through the process I was still able to have a cornucopia of other things open and still play games at buttery smooth frame rates.

I also did a whole bunch of other benchmarks on my old system which I still need to do on my new system and once I get my RAM issues sorted out I will be sure to share those results.
    Last edited by Xiphan; 02-05-2017 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GregRedd View Post

I did get your mail bud.
    Will get back to you a little later. Yeah all is sorted with the review, I just struggled getting it to publish to pdf.
    Had a set back where the creators update for Windows 10 corrupted and messed up my pc (Locked out of windows, couldn't get into safe mode), so lost some data ect which pushed it back even further. I'll post it here sometime today tomorrow. Probably late tonight when the forum is quiet, so I can do it without people posting in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by B1nary View Post
    Did you post this somewhere or still waiting for red tape ?
    It'll be up later bud.

I was fairly harsh on AMD though, so be warned lol. I do feel the way they handled the launch was poor.

I did get your mail bud.
    Will get back to you a little later. Yeah all is sorted with the review, I just struggled getting it to publish to pdf.
    Had a set back where the creators update for Windows 10 corrupted and messed up my pc (Locked out of windows, couldn't get into safe mode), so lost some data ect which pushed it back even further. I'll post it here sometime today tomorrow. Probably late tonight when the forum is quiet, so I can do it without people posting in the thread.

It'll be up later bud.

I was fairly harsh on AMD though, so be warned lol. I do feel the way they handled the launch was poor.
    awesome news

I did get your mail bud.

It'll be up later bud.

The only Ryzen build I have done was before the little update to fix the multi-threading bug. My feelings around Ryzen is still mixed. Did you find the same slightly offish performance in that it's fast when you don't expect it to be and oddly sluggish when you don't.