Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Cool MyGaming Brute Force Competition 2017

The last two years we had a little competition to continually generate some new threads here at MyGaming. It's often times easier to reply to threads than to create new ones and this often leads to a fairly quiet forum. @DarthMol have won the last two years! Well done!

This year things will work a little differently. It will be a lot easier. The goal is to create one new thread a week. However it can't be a news post. Example of a news post:
    http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...Christmas-quot
    Dohc does a really great job with that but it's not what I'm looking for with this competition.

The thread that you create can be anything else though but try and generate discussion. Whether it's a thread for your favourite game:
    http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...tcher-3-thread
    Or a thread about some gaming topic:
    http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...nd-this-is-why
    Or even an Off Topic thread:
    http://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthre...073-Loot-Crate
    They will all count.

This year if you miss a week it's not the end of the world however. Like baseball, everyone has 3 strikes. You get a strike if you miss a week. 3 strikes and you are out!

Also I won't be sponsoring the whole prize. I'm asking that we make a pool. Those who are willing to add to the prize pool, I would greatly appreciate it. Personally I will add R200 to the pool. You don't have to add to the pool to participate. Everyone's welcome (if you meet the requirements).

Current Prize Pool: R1300
    Sponsors:
    Solitude - R200
    MetalSoup - R200
    BeoTeK - R200
    DieGrootHammer - R200
    DarthMol - R100
    Blazzok - R200
    Tom - R200

Note: @Tom already sent me his contribution so I will be paying it on behalf of him.

If you wish to enter please post in this thread that you want to participate. Entries close on the 22nd of January and we will officially start on 23 January.

Only people with 100 posts or more may enter.

A week starts on a Monday. I will check every week to see whether all the participants created a thread. There's no need to post your entries.

I am the organiser of this competition and my word is law. If I disqualify someone then my word counts. I won't be unfair though. I mean the whole idea is to create discussion not have fights and things.

The competition ends 27 November 2017. After which the draw will happen shortly after. I will ask an admin here to do the draw and if they won't then I'll do it using a random number generator.

The competition will only commence if we have at least 5 participants.

This competition is not affiliated with MyGaming and they won't be sponsoring the prize. Don't bother MyGaming admin and mods with this.

If you are going on holiday and can't post then please let me know beforehand and you will be required to create threads before you go on holiday.

Hopefully that's everything. May this be an awesome year for MyGaming!

Participants - Strikes
    DarthMol - 0
    czc - 0
    Crzwaco - 1

Fallen Out of Contention
    Tom
    DieGrootHammer
    MetalSoup
    BeoTeK
    Jaco Smit
    Blazzok
    Solitude
    Flex

I will edit this post as questions arise etc.

Oh and I will be participating but won't be eligible for the prize. Being the organiser and all.
    Last edited by Solitude; 13-11-2017 at 05:34 PM.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community. Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.
    Trophies Gift of giving Reputation precedes them

I'm in, and I'll add another R200 to the pool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    I'm in, and I'll add another R200 to the pool.
    Yay! I'm glad to see you on board. I know you are a busy. And thanks so much for the pool contribution!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    657 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community.

I will continue my daily MyGaming shenanigans, positing threads, posts or otherwise. I will be happy to contribute another R200 to the pool. If I am disqualified (which is likely), I will maintain shenanigans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    I will continue my daily MyGaming shenanigans, positing threads, posts or otherwise. I will be happy to contribute another R200 to the pool. If I am disqualified (which is likely), I will maintain shenanigans.
    Yay! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

I will contribute R200 as well, but due to my travels I won't be participating in the competition. I just don't think I'll be able to be active enough on the forum to be successful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    I will contribute R200 as well, but due to my travels I won't be participating in the competition. I just don't think I'll be able to be active enough on the forum to be successful.
    Thanks Hammer! Are you sure I shouldn't sign you up? It's only a thread a week. However I'm not sure what your internet situation will be like in Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Thanks Hammer! Are you sure I shouldn't sign you up? It's only a thread a week. However I'm not sure what your internet situation will be like in Australia.
    That's what I'm thinking as well. But I should actually have decent internet in Aus. The problem is thereafter I am heading up the African deployment, which means traveling into deep dark Africa. Ah screw it, let's do it!! Okay I'm in all the way. I'll see how long I can do this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    That's what I'm thinking as well. But I should actually have decent internet in Aus. The problem is thereafter I am heading up the African deployment, which means traveling into deep dark Africa. Ah screw it, let's do it!! Okay I'm in all the way. I'll see how long I can do this.
    Awesome! Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Also everyone's been so kind in donating. Do note that you don't have to donate to participate. The more participants the better.