Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Headphones Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I can get the Logitech G633 Artemis for R1000. I'm not a big fan of Logitech and people do seem to complain that these give a lot of problems. Any thoughts?
    I've had a pair of Logitech G633 headphones for about 6 months now - When I first got them I was disappointed with the max volume and bass response, but after adjusting the EQ (and turning off surround, which is naturally quieter for some reason), I am now completely in love with them. Fantastic quality sound, and really really comfortable too.

And they look GREAT with the LEDs!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    Yeah, but I have a Plantronics BackBeat FIT Wireless Bluetooth Headset for running/cycling and other activities that require my hands to be free while I listen to music.
    See oneday I will own the bluetooth version - I need it

If you are interested there is the Kingston HyperCloud X Core: http://www.wootware.co.za/kingston-k...g-headset.html and HyperCloud X II: http://www.wootware.co.za/kingston-h...g-headset.html

One the couple of reviews I have read around the net, as well as feedback on Reddit/Amazon/Newegg they seem to get a lot of praise. Also...

*edit*
    As for the whole "Surround Sound" headphones, I had a pair of Corsair Vengence 1500's (they died, last month after 4 years) the surround sound was emulated. Which meant I had to use Corsairs software for it to work. I never used it since it made everything sound tinny. Stereo 2.0 was good enough for me.
    Last edited by Glordit; 09-02-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    If you are interested there is the Kingston HyperCloud X Core: http://www.wootware.co.za/kingston-k...g-headset.html and HyperCloud X II: http://www.wootware.co.za/kingston-h...g-headset.html
    +1 for the HyperX Cloud Headset. Bought a pair for my wife when her headset did the same thing (1 cup lost sound, couldn't fix it, took the whole damn thing apart). It is a great set, really comfortable with excellent sound.

When my CoolerMaster Storm Sirus dies (I have already repaired it twice using Pratley Steel quickset), I'll definitely get a pair of these.

Hmmm it's such a difficult one. I'm really keen for the Steelseries Arctis 5 but it doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere in South Africa. Rebeltech said they don't know when it will be in stock again. Steelseries is the only make where I'll pay that much for a gaming headset.

Will do some proper research tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    +1 for the HyperX Cloud Headset. Bought a pair for my wife when her headset did the same thing (1 cup lost sound, couldn't fix it, took the whole damn thing apart). It is a great set, really comfortable with excellent sound.

When my CoolerMaster Storm Sirus dies (I have already repaired it twice using Pratley Steel quickset), I'll definitely get a pair of these.
    That's two people now suggesting them. So it's currently in the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    That's two people now suggesting them. So it's currently in the lead.
    Apologies High one, I meant to say: King Solitude The Great and Awesome Being, in my humble opinion as your peon and servant, that the above mentioned headphones are superduper and rad, and his Highness would find much joy in their use.

I cast down my eyes to see the poor way in which the other peons address you. For shame!

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    Apologies High one, I meant to say: King Solitude The Great and Awesome Being, in my humble opinion as your peon and servant, that the above mentioned headphones are superduper and rad, and his Highness would find much joy in their use.

I cast down my eyes to see the poor way in which the other peons address you. For shame!
    Haha it's alright. I forgive the people.

Which one of the two have you got? The Core or the XII?

Another +1 for Kingston HyperX cloud. Thinking of getting myself a 2nd set for general use. It's very comfortable and has excellent sound quality.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I ended up not going with the Kingstons.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigyX View Post
    I've had a pair of Logitech G633 headphones for about 6 months now - When I first got them I was disappointed with the max volume and bass response, but after adjusting the EQ (and turning off surround, which is naturally quieter for some reason), I am now completely in love with them. Fantastic quality sound, and really really comfortable too.

And they look GREAT with the LEDs!
    I went with these instead. Build quality is apparently not the best but sound and microphone quality are supposedly amazing. Paid for them with eBucks at the eBucks store so it worked out at R1000 which is not bad.

Comes with a 2 year warranty so there's at least that. Will try and get them to last as long as I can.