Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Oeh.. You like it dirty don't you?

Default Oeh.. You like it dirty don't you?

Or do you? :P

My desk, peripherals and computer is probably the most organized and cleanest things in my whole house.
    How often do you guys clean your peripherals and then you PC itself, and how do you do it?

Those that have mechanical KBs know what a pain it can be. Removing each key 1 by 1, rubbing the key clean and the blowing out the KB itself using a compressor. And then same with the PC itself, removing all the dust filter and then blowing out the whole system.
    I try and do this once a month. I something do slack a bit.

I am also not sure what the right way is to clean a Mouse pad, I hate it it when i lift up the mouse and the cable and under side of the mouse is full of dust.

Name:  16298743_10154024190742024_1376159446973260734_n.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  51.7 KB

I barely clean my PC and peripherals.

Maybe once or twice a year. Currently whole desk,monitor and keyboard is full of dust. Really does not bother me at all.
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Quote Originally Posted by blaaislaai View Post
    I barely clean my PC and peripherals.

Maybe once or twice a year. Currently whole desk,monitor and keyboard is full of dust. Really does not bother me at all.
    Damn really? How many hours a week would you say you use your PC?

I generally clean it properly (with a blower and toothbrush etc) every 2-3 months or so. I have a few filters in front of my pc fans so i can generally just do a 2 minute "quick" clean if it starts looking bad

I havent yet cleaned my keyboard to such an extent that I've removed keys, but i have taken a blower to it once or twice as well as just running a damp cloth over it and letting it dry.

My mouse i tend to run a toothpick over the grooves to remove any gunk, I do that fairly often.
    I'm also struggling to clean my mouse pad. Google says you should just run a damp cloth, but the material of my pad just makes it soak it up, doesnt actually REMOVE any dirt

CLICKBAIT!!!! I thought this thread was going to have some...other dirty things >.>

I haven't taken out my keys to clean my keyboard since getting it, but I should probably get right on that.

My desk gets cleaned once per week, so that's fine. My PC I don't really clean on a scedule. I open it every once in a while and if I feel it is too dirty, or I can see a semi clogged heatsink/fan, I will take it outside and clean it.
    My case is so kak heavy though.

Damn, those that don't clean they keyboards properly for years will get a lekker surprise when the open it up and remove keys.
    I am your KB and mouse gets into so much contact with your sweaty hands, skin shedding, hair falling out, coughs and sneezes O_o Some nasty stuff right there

I am one of those paranoid people who clean my pc like clockwork once a month. It takes me about 3 or 4 hours for a proper clean. I use compressed air for the case as well as afterwards dusting it with a blusher makeup brush to remove the stubborn bits.

The keyboard, I take a before pic to make sure I put the keys back where they belong, they get taken out, run thru the dishwasher to ensure they are properly clean. The keyboard itself, gets wiped with wetwipes and then alcohol swabs. I also use earbuds on fussy parts.I use a pin to clean the tiny grooves.

I have a razer mousepad, material one. https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mou...iathus-control Like this but an older version. I scrub it with boerseep or vanish, then soak it for 30mins in hot water, throw it in the washing mashine to rince and spin dry, then I hang it up to dry. And after all that its looks good as new and I know its clean.

Yes I know I go a bit overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I am one of those paranoid people who clean my pc like clockwork once a month. It takes me about 3 or 4 hours for a proper clean. I use compressed air for the case as well as afterwards dusting it with a blusher makeup brush to remove the stubborn bits.

The keyboard, I take a before pic to make sure I put the keys back where they belong, they get taken out, run thru the dishwasher to ensure they are properly clean. The keyboard itself, gets wiped with wetwipes and then alcohol swabs. I also use earbuds on fussy parts.I use a pin to clean the tiny grooves.

I have a razer mousepad, material one. https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mou...iathus-control Like this but an older version. I scrub it with boerseep or vanish, then soak it for 30mins in hot water, throw it in the washing mashine to rince and spin dry, then I hang it up to dry. And after all that its looks good as new and I know its clean.

Yes I know I go a bit overboard.
    I remove my keys section per section.

I am too scared to do that to my mouse pad. I think that will destroy it and make it last half of its life span. I have the Razer Goliathus Speed, the large one.

I clean my peripherals, monitor, headset and speakers once a week. (Soft little brush, blower and cotton swabs)
    My pc gets a proper clean once a month. (Blower and cotton swabs)
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    I clean my peripherals, monitor, headset and speakers once a week. (Soft little brush, blower and cotton swabs)
    My pc gets a proper clean once a month. (Blower and cotton swabs)
    That sounds about right!