Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pillars of Eternity

Default Pillars of Eternity

I backed this game ever so long ago and it cost about 300 bucks. based on the rave reviews, i think it was a super decision :-)

http://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/

Awesome, heard great things about it and looks rather intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Awesome, heard great things about it and looks rather intriguing.
    i LOVED Baldurs Gate, so absolutely stoked for this!

Busy preloading from steam, i didn't back this one, backed Divinity and Wasteland 2 instead, so paid the full $45 price.

I am hoping to get more Baldur's Gate and less Divinity/Wasteland with this, which implies combat hopefully being faster/less tedious with a grand story and easier exploration. Divinity and Wasteland 2 kinda had me losing patience since combat is extreeeemly slow (all action point turn based ala Fallout 1/2 ) and inventory management bogged me down so fast that i loss my interest in opening chests and exploring random spots.

Quote Originally Posted by diabolus View Post
    Busy preloading from steam, i didn't back this one, backed Divinity and Wasteland 2 instead, so paid the full $45 price.

I am hoping to get more Baldur's Gate and less Divinity/Wasteland with this, which implies combat hopefully being faster/less tedious with a grand story and easier exploration. Divinity and Wasteland 2 kinda had me losing patience since combat is extreeeemly slow (all action point turn based ala Fallout 1/2 ) and inventory management bogged me down so fast that i loss my interest in opening chests and exploring random spots.
    absolutely agree! I put many hours into Divinity, much didn't end up completing it as the combat just got too exhausting due to slow pace. I am hoping that PoE can recapture the BG combat flow, which struck sweet balance between being punchy, without becoming falling into RTS mayhem

So anyone playing it yet?
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    So anyone playing it yet?
    Got it loaded, but a few days ago I thought I'd give the BG series another go to get into the spirit of infinity engine things and now I'm hooked again. Busy with my umptieth playthrough :P So wanna finish ToB again while I have that momentum.

Hope to get started this weekend on PoE

Cool place to get avatars for RPG games and forums ofc.

http://drakonis.org/

Go to ...\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\art\gui\portr aits

Select where you want to add the picture, for example in the "Player" folder if you want to be able to use it for your custom character.

Open the picture in an image editor and adjust the image size. You will need two versions of any picture, one being the size of 210x330 (width x height) and one the size of 76x96 pixels.

Save these, preferably as XXX_lg.png for the larger and XXX_sm.png for the smaller picture.

Enjoy!
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

I have played about 2 hours and its already got me hooked.
    Very rarely does a game impress me this much, its just oozes that old cRPG, from the music, the resting screens, the inventory, everything just feels like meeting a very good friend after a loooooooooong time and just reminiscing about old times.
    The game tech itself is awesome as well, I've got everything maxed at 1920x1080 on my GTX 760 ancient C2 DUO (8gb ram) and its butter smooth. Game looks incredible.