Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We need to raise awareness!

Default We need to raise awareness!

Many people don't know about it. There is a disorder among gamers of all sizes and ages. At first it did not seem like a problem, but it is becoming more relevant than even. We need to raise awareness and make sure that these people get the help they need and deserve.

I suffered badly from this disorder, but it has gotten better thanks to my support system around me. It is not gone, but I have learned how to control it. It does come up again every now again where i really start to struggle again.

CUD

I am sure most of you googled that, and not it is not:

"cud
    kəd/
    noun
    noun: cud

partly digested food returned from the first stomach of ruminants to the mouth for further chewing."

CUD- Compulsive Upgrade disorder.

Yes, you read that right! It is a real thing! And I am sticking to that.

I seem to upgrade my system more than I should, must and need to.

When is the right time to pull out the wallet and Upgrade?
    When the latest BF starts to Lag on Ultra?
    When Dota struggles to run on Medium?

When you can afford it without putting yourself in a bad spot financially.

I also suffer from CUD to a degree, but I think I have become a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    When you can afford it without putting yourself in a bad spot financially.

I also suffer from CUD to a degree, but I think I have become a bit better.
    Definitely agree.
    But say now you have a 1080, and 1080ti comes out. You have the cash. But your system is already beast. ti or not to ti?

I have the same illness lol but pay the parts via creditcard and pay it off over 6-12 months.

Bought my i5 4th gen system last year. AMD Ryzen happened this month and feel the need to upgrade already!
    4690k @4.5ghz |CM SEIDON 120V PLUS |CM HAF 932 |ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer | 16GB DDR3 | 2x Saphire RX480 Nitro+ OC| 2x256GB SSD RAID0 | 850w Corsair PSU

Quote Originally Posted by blaaislaai View Post
    I have the same illness lol but pay the parts via creditcard and pay it off over 6-12 months.

Bought my i5 4th gen system last year. AMD Ryzen happened this month and feel the need to upgrade already!
    You gots it badd!

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Definitely agree.
    But say now you have a 1080, and 1080ti comes out. You have the cash. But your system is already beast. ti or not to ti?
    Honestly, if you are not playing at 1440p at the least, I don't see the point of a 1080 Ti (apart from nice to have). If you already have a 1080 it is also more than enough for 1440p.

I you want to do 4K gaming, then I would say yeah, get the Ti since it is heaps faster than the 1080.

As you said though, "you have the cash", then I guess you can do whatever your heart desires. It all depends on what you are playing, and at what resolution. CSGO at 4K at 144fps is probably achievable on a 1080, but I haven't seen any benchmarks to say otherwise; and I'm too tired to care right now

I'm pretty sure I'm not suffering.

Although, from my other thread I do want an SSD. But other than that I haven't upgraded in 7 years now. I think I am starting to notice issues now though.

Core i7 860
    P7P55D motherboard
    4 Gigs of Ram
    HD 5870 GPU
    1 Tb Seagate
    2 Tb Western Digital
    T A N S T A A F L

sssshhhhhhh!!!! I get all my 2nd hand parts from this disorder, so shush.. CUD is awesome.

You just need to get someone in your hometown (check) that suffers from this (check) and be friendly with them and get good deals when they sell their almost brand new "old" gear (check)...and then get sad when they stop doing it due to realising its alot of money to stay on that top % (check )

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    sssshhhhhhh!!!! I get all my 2nd hand parts from this disorder, so shush.. CUD is awesome.

You just need to get someone in your hometown (check) that suffers from this (check) and be friendly with them and get good deals when they sell their almost brand new "old" gear (check)...and then get sad when they stop doing it due to realising its alot of money to stay on that top % (check )
    Second hand scares me.
    T A N S T A A F L

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    Second hand scares me.
    Which is why its nice to get it from someone in your town who you know...I'll admit, getting a cpu/gpu from someone miles away who "promises" it works and it wasn't overclocked etc also scares me

But when you get it from a friend who you know doesn't like overclocking and you know they don't mine and you also know WHY they selling/upgrading then its nothing more than pure awesomeness...sigh, i miss it

i need to have more RL friends :/