Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Battlefront 2

Quote Originally Posted by Saulan View Post
    So the beta for this started yesterday. Anyone else playing it? I jumped in today and got a couple of rounds in, guns feel different and the bullets are a lot faster so dodging with lag isn't making the game as impossible to play with SA lag. Only thing is there is a huge delay in actually finding a game, and when you do it's usually empty. Seems to be the European servers as American twitch streamers seem to be fine. Hopefully when the beta opens up tomorrow it will be more populated.

Edit: I'm actually suspecting we may have SA servers on this beta, which would explain why it's so dead at the moment. Saw a number of South African names in the game I got in, but didn't bother to ask where anyone was from, and then in the lobby I was waiting in, I started chatting to someone else sitting with me and they were also South African. Very interested now for when the beta opens to see if it's only Saffers in game.
    Can't you see your latency in game? That should tell you if it is local or EU servers. I'm busy downloading the beta atm, started a bit late unfortunately. Should be done sometime tonight, so I'll play tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    Can't you see your latency in game? That should tell you if it is local or EU servers. I'm busy downloading the beta atm, started a bit late unfortunately. Should be done sometime tonight, so I'll play tomorrow.
    It wasn't in any clear and obvious place that I saw, no. Again, I only got into one game last night and played around 4 rounds of it, but the scoreboard only shows your score and kills, nothing there about your connection that was seen in the last version. (Also, they removed deaths, which I think will be a positive thing that makes people want to play the objective instead of trying to improve kill death ratios).

Quote Originally Posted by Gforced View Post
    you playing on pc? if so I'll see you on the battlegroundfront.
    Are you playing under Gforced? If so will give you an add on there. May help us out in getting a game.

Okay, played more this afternoon, everyone is South African, I'm now 95% certain we have our own servers.

So after playing the beta this weekend i'm now even more convinced that i won't be getting this game. It was fun choosing between classes and trying out the different weapons and heroes but i still feel like i'll be wasting my money at the end of the day imo.

I found it to be a lot more fun than the previous Battlefront (I only played the Open Beta for that one, but decided not to buy it based on the Open Beta). I was not going to buy Battlefront 2, however this weekened made me lean more towards the buy side.

I won't pre-order though, I'm going to wait for release and some reviews before I make my final decision.

What I didn't like though, and hope they change, is that you can't party with someone before you start a game; also there is no server browser and you just jump into whatever game it gives you.

Atleast there were local servers and you could play with normal latency, unlike COD.

Put in a about 15 hours over the weekend and really had a good time with it, there were a couple of things I wasn't a fan of:
    1. Assault feels useless - Every class has their own niche that makes them fun to play except for the assault, it just feels like a poor man's heavy
    2. Random in game spawn - I don't like the fact that you could be pushing the left side of the map and then die, then when you respawn you are on the right side of the map. It would be better if we could select which side to spawn on.
    3. Squads - A complete waste of time at the moment, really these things aren't implemented at all. It's just a spawn party and then you never see those players again, and there is no benefit for the squad to stick together with each other either. You can't even distinguish who is in your squad on the map, they are all the same.

Overall I had a great time with it and am looking forward to its final release next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    What I didn't like though, and hope they change, is that you can't party with someone before you start a game; also there is no server browser and you just jump into whatever game it gives you.
    Technically there is a party system, but it's inneffective as well. All you have is in game voice chat and the other player being a different colour in game, but you don't spawn together or anything. Quite frustrating.

I quite enjoyed playing a few rounds in the Beta. The game looks amazing but sometimes that is to it's detriment. The are so many particles, shining things, shadows etc. that I actually found it difficult to spot the enemy with all the "noise" - maybe I'm just getting old

The space battles were awesome though - I really enjoyed that.

Will I get the game? Not now to be honest - I cannot ever justify spending R1000 on a game. Not going to happen. I'll likely wait until it comes onto Origin Access and play it then, even if it means the servers are not as populated, I can see myself having fun playing against the AI and just taking in the scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Saulan View Post
    Put in a about 15 hours over the weekend and really had a good time with it, there were a couple of things I wasn't a fan of:
    1. Assault feels useless - Every class has their own niche that makes them fun to play except for the assault, it just feels like a poor man's heavy
    2. Random in game spawn - I don't like the fact that you could be pushing the left side of the map and then die, then when you respawn you are on the right side of the map. It would be better if we could select which side to spawn on.
    3. Squads - A complete waste of time at the moment, really these things aren't implemented at all. It's just a spawn party and then you never see those players again, and there is no benefit for the squad to stick together with each other either. You can't even distinguish who is in your squad on the map, they are all the same.

Overall I had a great time with it and am looking forward to its final release next month.
    I also found the random spawns quite annoying and, for a moment, you're a bit confused as to where the fuck you are. They can just implement a similar system to BF3&4. The same goes for the squad/party system, make it similar to those.

I didn't get to try any MP mode apart from Galactic Assault. I queued for the other 2 multiple times but never got enough people to start a game.
    I'm not going to pre-order this, I've been burned by EA too many times before. I am going to keep it on my radar though.

Lootboxes and Gambling