Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Top websites and online publishers in South Africa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    So not a brother/Sister company?
    A discord or TS server can do the same as what is currently going on =D

Basically a pirate ship stuck in a doldrum with the same cabin crew at the moment.
    Pretty much. I'm thankful that we still have our ship though. Even if most of the pirates went overboard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Well done on MyBroadband doing so well.

The "Next Article" sent me to another article earlier in April that showed stats on MyGaming viewership, which was good to see the website being in the top tech websites. But I am worried...

It's no secret that the forum activities has decreased significantly over the past year or so. It's really sad, and I'm sure there are various reasons for it. I know for myself, I have less and less time to post, and when I do come on, there is no discussion that tickles my fancy, thus I don't post, thus no new discussion is created...it's a vicious cycle that I'm part of. I'm just worried that the drop in activity is an indication in drop of readership of the site. I hope that's not the case, and that MyGaming is still growing. This is our internet home, it cannot fade away. I don't like being destitute. I like my home!
    1. Just what I was wondering. The chat in the forum is practically non-existent. Why? Where is all the chat and banter? Articles posted in the forum usually haven't a single comment in them. What happened to the vibrant community that used to happen.

2. I browse the site and forum 3-4 times a week. Yeah, I know it's not often, but my work servers don't allow me to view anything here. So I usually coming looking for news and chat in my own time.

EDIT: I will also admit that for a protracted time I cut myself out any contact with the forum. There are a few in this esteemed community that be quite unwelcoming to perceived outsiders. I had a few unwelcome comments and decided I didn't need to subject myself to it when I could chat quite freely and plentiful enough in gaming threads in MyBroadband.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    But should the gaming news not be published here and linked onto MyBB though?
    I also love this site and forum as much as the next oke. But at this rate people are fading away slowly but surely
    I hear you and I would have thought that would be the case. But there just isn't any apparent interest in articles posted here. Maybe I have it wrong? Whereas there are few comments in forum for articles, there is plenty more in MyBroadband. Perhaps it's being posted there first simple because it gets more views, attention and chat.

Either way, I am truly saddened that there isn't a lot more happening here.
    Last edited by McT; 05-05-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Quote Originally Posted by McT View Post
    1. Just what I was wondering. The chat in the forum is practically non-existent. Why? Where is all the chat and banter? Articles posted in the forum usually haven't a single comment in them. What happened to the vibrant community that used to happen.

2. I browse the site and forum 3-4 times a week. Yeah, I know it's not often, but my work servers don't allow me to view anything here. So I usually coming looking for news and chat in my own time.

EDIT: I will also admit that for a protracted time I cut myself out any contact with the forum. There are a few in this esteemed community that be quite unwelcoming to perceived outsiders. I had a few unwelcome comments and decided I didn't need to subject myself to it when I could chat quite freely and plentiful enough in gaming threads in MyBroadband.

I hear you and I would have thought that would be the case. But there just isn't any apparent interest in articles posted here. Maybe I have it wrong? Whereas there are few comments in forum for articles, there is plenty more in MyBroadband. Perhaps it's being posted there first simple because it gets more views, attention and chat.

Either way, I am truly saddened that there isn't a lot more happening here.
    Usually the contect of the articles on here is lacking. And that's in between the play boy articles we used to get in thr gaming thread! The articles feel copy pasted usually. We need to get new people here. Otherwise the same people will remain here. So something different must be done. Or we need to make peace with the stagnating state of the site

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk