Thread: [MyGame] Darksiders

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Got to the broken Stair, and then promptly left to the Twilight Cathedral

Finally Have An Avatar And Signature! Kwaai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Played a bit of the game, just got past the bit where you use the horn to open the gates.
    Also have any of you noticed choppy playback during cutscenes? Just did a quick search and someone said that copying the videos from the original version into the warmastered edition's folder fixed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Gee thanks game for the warm welcome upon returning to you:

And I learnt that you can do this today:

I also only realised about 3/4 into the shooty bird section that you can move the bird around to avoid projectiles etc....fortunately its a really easy section but still...hope there isnt an achievement for take no damage or i'd have missed it

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    Played a bit of the game, just got past the bit where you use the horn to open the gates.
    Also have any of you noticed choppy playback during cutscenes? Just did a quick search and someone said that copying the videos from the original version into the warmastered edition's folder fixed it.
    Yea I 99% of my videos are out of sync. It's a tad bit annoying at times.

Finally Have An Avatar And Signature! Kwaai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    Yea I 99% of my videos are out of sync. It's a tad bit annoying at times.
    The last bit of my last message has a possible fix. Could end the frustration.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I'm playing with a controller. How's the mouse support? Are you playing alright with it?
    I finished the original multiple times with a keyboard and mouse. I just find it easier to play these sort of games with a keyboard and mouse than I do a controller. Things like throwing cars at monsters or aiming in general is a lot easier with a mouse than it is with a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    The controller layout on PC is fairy strange, since it requires you to use CAPS LOCK + 1 to initiate and attack (this was changed). Definitely would be better with a controller, guess I will scratch out some old batteries and start up my XB360 one.
    Lol wut? I know that you can press F to focus on an enemy and they will remain in your view but otherwise I don't think I have ever used caps lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I'm enjoying the game a lot more than I thought I would. The areas I went through now had all kinds of puzzly bits and they keep introducing new mechanics to the game.
    Yeah, there are quite a few mechanics to the game by the time you get to the end. In fact there's even something Portal inspired, with matching colours, later on in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    Funny enough I had this problem with the original game and I just chalked it up to my CPU not being able to decode them properly. The updated movies in the Warmastered Edition however run perfectly for me and I love the fact that they are remastered as well; higher res, better details and I'm pretty sure they playback at 60FPS instead of 30.

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    Gee thanks game for the warm welcome upon returning to you:

Name:  mqdefault.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  8.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    And I learnt that you can do this today:

I also only realised about 3/4 into the shooty bird section that you can move the bird around to avoid projectiles etc....fortunately its a really easy section but still...hope there isnt an achievement for take no damage or i'd have missed it
    Speaking of achievements there's one for killing 5 Duskbats without touching the ground. I checked your progress and you missed unlocking it by one Duskbat.

You also missed out on getting the open air parking achievement right in the beginning of the game.

And since you are an achievement hunter be prepared to do this later on when you get Ruin if you want to unlock the Dark Rider achievement:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies MyGaming Champion Vanguard

I will be taking it slow, last night lost my cool when I struggled to jump - the double jump on my controller was iffy at best and I just lost my cool.

Im still not far along, the game does make me motionsick, I am taking it bit by bit. Hack and slash - not my game style.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post

Name:  mqdefault.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  8.8 KB

Speaking of achievements there's one for killing 5 Duskbats without touching the ground. I checked your progress and you missed unlocking it by one Duskbat.

You also missed out on getting the open air parking achievement right in the beginning of the game.

And since you are an achievement hunter be prepared to do this later on when you get Ruin if you want to unlock the Dark Rider achievement:

I have actually heard of that achievement, think I was watched an "annoying xbox achievements" video or something like that. And yeah, shortly after posting my bat vid I noticed i was "so close" to getting the 5. I've been looking for 5 of those bastards near each other ever since.

I'll read up on the start of game achievement, but if its at start of game that won't be too difficult to get later on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.)

I still haven't gotten past that mini boss on the raised highway section on the broken stairway. Nearly did get him though.
    T A N S T A A F L

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    I still haven't gotten past that mini boss on the raised highway section on the broken stairway. Nearly did get him though.
    I'll try record a video of how to kill him tonight. 😉

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk