Thread: Far Cry 5

Default Far Cry 5

Personally I have never been a big fan of the Far Cry games. I played Far Cry 3 and it was alright, I played the '80s spin-off game and that was fun enough, but this new one, with the controversial subject matter, has got me interested. Running around the US country with crazy zealots as the enemy should be insane. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Polygon Far Cry 5 article

Name:  FC5Keyart.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  233.7 KB

Rednecks and Swap rats? Interesting...

How is this game going to be any different from the others? Same old game but with a new skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus086 View Post
    How is this game going to be any different from the others? Same old game but with a new skin.
    Same could be said about it's predecessors. And the Assassin's Creed games.

Year of the Sequels, Reboots, And Remakes.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    Year of the Sequels, Reboots, And Remakes.
    Same as every year?
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

I don't expect this game to be any different. It is just going to be a re-skin. It's the new skin that I find intriguing though. I'm really curious to see how they pull this off.

I think it's great that Ubisoft seem to be attempting to shake off some of the racist, colonial criticism levelled at them. Instead of shooting brown people in the game, we will be shooting white people.

*Disclaimer* I have no idea what enemies we will actually be shooting in the game, but there is a furore on the Internet at the prospect that we might be shooting white Christians instead of black/brown *other religion* and people are losing their minds. That fact makes me want to play the game more. I guess their marketing tactics are working on me.
    Last edited by StaggerLee; 26-05-2017 at 09:12 AM.

Man I love these games but I never seem to finish them.
    You all notice though...

Far Cry 1 it was all about the fancy new water effects. (Water)
    Far Cry 2 spreadable fire (Fire)
    Far Cry 3 the trees grew back and you hunted the animal for resources. (Earth)
    Far Cry 4 flight suit and choppers. (Air)

You see the pattern here? So clearly Far Cry 5 with zealots on US soil is all about Heart.

I guess Far Cry 6 is going to be Captain Planet.