Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Discussion based topics

Exclamation Discussion based topics

I have been thinking for a little while about trying to generate a bit more discussions within the forums, not only between ourselves but to hopefully bring in some extra contenders. One way I have thought about doing this is to create specific threads, maybe once every week, aimed at a specific topic or subject matter.

These topics can either be chosen by myself or the community, much like we do with the MyGame threads. Topics can be handled in such a way to be an open discussion and or debate. The normal forum rules will apply and members are to respect each others' opinions. If the discussion gets out of hand I will ask an administrator to shut it down, likewise, I have asked [MENTION=20]Solitude[/MENTION] to monitor this as well.

Out of the gate I can think of two subjects that I think should be avoided, that being; Religion and Politics. At least until a proven record that these discussions can work without getting out of hand.

How does every one else feel about this, and have any suggestions or opinions?

You know I'm game. It's going to be difficult though. Both in thinking of topics and getting people to participate.

Those of us who have been doing the Brute Force competition have been really struggling.

But I'm game and I hope you get some replies.

You mean like deciding to talk about diets in one thread and weapons of choice in CS:GO in the next?
    T A N S T A A F L

Lol want to make it even harder for us to create topics
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

hmm...I can create more threads no problem. I post ones just for discussion over at mybb all the time.

I'll copy paste some of my more successful ones over. Here are three easy ones for starters:
    https://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthr...out-(Thus-far)
    https://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthr...u-drink-coffee
    https://mygaming.co.za/forum/showthr...p-your-devices

Don't think you can force it though...people just need to have a good idea & post it. Not something you can force for the sake of it.
    #hashtag #anotherhashtag #bonushashtag

The better angle I'm playing at here is based at debating a specific subject. This forces continuous input, thoughts and opinions and thus the topic and discussion keeps rolling. Not just topics of "do you drink coffee" or "do you use Android or iOS" (not that there's anything wrong with that), I just feel the topics herein should be of a more controversial nature.

Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    controversial nature.
    The good old PC Master Race vs Console Peasant wars .
    T A N S T A A F L

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    The good old PC Master Race vs Console Peasant wars .
    haha lol

We can try it for sure, if I can comment I will, which I do as much as possible, but there hasnt been much to talk about.

I will try and be more active on the forum, even if I'm not in the country. I have a boat load of topic discussion, opinions and stuff. I usually have graphs and stuff to back it up as well. My threads have been rather hit and miss with receiving comments, but I will share as much as I can.