Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are you happy with how your life turned out? (Thus far)

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    No not really.

I am about 5+ years behind my plans I had in school.
    Bru I was planning on being a millionaire and superhero by now. 5+ years behind schedule doesn't even come close to how far off the mark I am from high school wishes...

Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    I also regret not taking a gap year after studying to go see the world. I've always been filled with wanderlust and it's one of the main forces driving my desire to emigrate.
    Don't confuse wanderlust with emigrating mate. Wanderlust is running around Prague in the rain trying to find the castle you saw on the internet. Emigrating is sitting in a (very) packed tube/subway 50 minutes every day commuting into London.

I totally recommend emigrating (do it) - but the expectations have to align with the reality else things get ugly.
    #hashtag #anotherhashtag #bonushashtag

Not yet.

2008 was an extremely shit year for me. It literally couldn't have gotten worse for me. That was my rock bottom. Since then a lot of hard work has gone into turning my life around. Through this recovery process I did work on being ambitious. I worked on my long term and short term goals, I put together plans, and for the most part those plans have come to fruition. Unfortunately my ambition drive me to be better. I am scared of complacency, of not growing. I'm scared me being complacent of where I was in life would take me back to those awful events of 2008. I cannot let that happen again, so I will never stop working on my life.

And yes, it is not a healthy way of thinking about your life. It's extremely difficult for me to sit and feel happy about my life right now. I hyper-analyse things and feel like I cannot be happy until I fixed that issue in my life. Or until I achieve that particular part.

For the most part, I am happy with my progress, extremely happy about that. But I'm not where I should be yet, so I cannot be happy with my life, not yet. Perhaps one day...

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Don't confuse wanderlust with emigrating mate. Wanderlust is running around Prague in the rain trying to find the castle you saw on the internet. Emigrating is sitting in a (very) packed tube/subway 50 minutes every day commuting into London.

I totally recommend emigrating (do it) - but the expectations have to align with the reality else things get ugly.
    Thing is, emigrating to a country in/around Europe makes it much easier to fulfill that wanderlust. As you rightly know, living in good old ZA makes it very difficult to expand your horizons from a distance and affordability perspective.

African scenery has never really appealed to me. It's too hot, too dry, too brown and too flat. I need to see greenery, mountains and proper seasons. I'm not even going to touch on the political landscape as I know each country has their own issues they have to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--