Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy with how your life turned out? (Thus far)

Default Are you happy with how your life turned out? (Thus far)

Very broad question I know so take it in whatever direction you please.
    #hashtag #anotherhashtag #bonushashtag

It's such a good idea for a thread.

I have my regrets but my life turned out well. Especially considering how bad things were 10 years ago.

There are things that I'm very happy about. I earn a good salary in a stable job. I've got a wife, two doggies and a cat and I love them dearly. We don't want kids so I get to game a lot.

If I could go back in time I would not be such a lazy ass between the ages of 20 and 30. I think that's my biggest regret.

So yes, I'm happy with how life has turned out so far. If you asked me 10 years ago I would have said the opposite.

Sure there's things I've thought about, more like "what if" moments. But I don't harp on them and I live my life with no regrets.

Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing. I may not be well off and living on the bread line (more like scraping) but my honest to God opinion is this; I am honestly and truly happy and wouldn't want to change anything. I am content with what I have.

I don't dwell or live in the past, I live in the now and aim to be better in the future. The Lord has blessed me enough to know that I should be happy with what I have, it's all materialistic anyway. I have a beautiful son that He has blessed me with, good family and a strong foundation.

Auxilium meum a domino

I am indeed.

I am happily married, I have two beautiful kids. The job that I have had for the past 8.5 years is fulfilling and challenging, plus I work with a great bunch of people.

I've managed to complete two Bachelor's degrees and finish the Comrades Marathon, both requiring hard work and discipline.

One thing is we're not as financially established as we had hoped to be at this stage of life but we're getting there slowly but surely (I hope).

More than all this, I know who I am. My faith has been tried and tested and I live with conviction in my beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    If I could go back in time I would not be such a lazy ass between the ages of 20 and 30.
    Honestly I think everyone regrets something about those years.

I should probably have had more fun. Was way too serious.
    #hashtag #anotherhashtag #bonushashtag

Quote Originally Posted by HavocXphere View Post
    Honestly I think everyone regrets something about those years.

I should probably have had more fun. Was way too serious.
    I concur. I grew up "fending for myself" do to speak, so had to learn to be responsible very early on. I'm talking primary school years here... This led me to always push my own limits academically, which has now filtered through to my professional life as well.

I often look at people who are able to just unwind and forget about work and wish to be like that. This had been a point of contention in my marriage, but luckily my wife has accepted that that's who I am and she's rather supporting me now than fighting against my constant work focus. But still, I do regret not "living life" during my teenage years and 20s.

I also regret not taking a gap year after studying to go see the world. I've always been filled with wanderlust and it's one of the main forces driving my desire to emigrate. I'll sometimes stare at photos of alpine scenes or rolling green hills and be filled with regret (not desire) for not seeing it with my own eyes.

So besides my wanderlust and lack of playtime, there's not much else I regret. I know both are things I can probably attend to from now on, but my personality and nature prevents both from realising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Currently I cant say I am, I wish I could, it was going in the right direction, the knocks are getting a bit harder to digest and shrug off, I applaud those who have their faith and family support to lean on.

I have regrets all over, I have stopped living in the past, but it has shaped me, made me stronger in ways I could never explain, some days I honestly have no idea how I have managed to be here. Then I remember I have a few great friends, and a forum family that helps me stay ok. Im glad this past 6 months are finally over, I think my biggest mistake was to study this semester. It was a waste of money and time - both of which I didnt have. But at least physically I am slowly healing, mentaly its still a rollercoaster.

I honestly dont know what real happy and contentment is or looks like. I need to work on this protective bubble I keep around myself - I need to let more people into my life, I am just one of those who REALLY hate making my issues other peoples. Especially considering how long I have been in this place.

For the most part yes.

I am happily married and we both have pretty good jobs, we have a beautiful and healthy 2 year old boy. We have supportive friends and family.

The only "regret" as that we live in Mpumalanga because of my job, I would really like to move back to the Western Cape so we can be closer to our family and a bunch of our friends. It is something I'm working on though, it is just taking longer than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    For the most part yes.

I am happily married and we both have pretty good jobs, we have a beautiful and healthy 2 year old boy. We have supportive friends and family.

The only "regret" as that we live in Mpumalanga because of my job, I would really like to move back to the Western Cape so we can be closer to our family and a bunch of our friends. It is something I'm working on though, it is just taking longer than expected.
    Wel ons wag geduldig vir julle! Julle drie sal hier kom

No not really.

I am about 5+ years behind my plans I had in school.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!