Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: [MyGame] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

What graphics card have you got [MENTION=9148]murfle[/MENTION]?

Its an MSI R9 290X. IIRC, I tried overclocking it at one point... Sad news, it also locks up on RotTR, but maybe this new thermal paste will help. Just gotta stop the cryptocurrency mining to test it out.

Man, I just had a weird thought... If the card shows little dicks on my screen, I wonder what it will do when verifying someone's transaction? (I'm secretly hoping it'll glitch out the entire network and reward me with multiple coins)

Quote Originally Posted by murfle View Post
    Its an MSI R9 290X. IIRC, I tried overclocking it at one point... Sad news, it also locks up on RotTR, but maybe this new thermal paste will help. Just gotta stop the cryptocurrency mining to test it out.

Man, I just had a weird thought... If the card shows little dicks on my screen, I wonder what it will do when verifying someone's transaction? (I'm secretly hoping it'll glitch out the entire network and reward me with multiple coins)
    First thing I would try is DDU: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html then reinstall the latest drivers.

If that does not work, maybe try to underclock/volt. Try a different HDMI port and cable, if you have another monitor. If it persists, then I can only assume there is a problem with the GPU itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    First thing I would try is DDU: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html then reinstall the latest drivers.

If that does not work, maybe try to underclock/volt. Try a different HDMI port and cable, if you have another monitor. If it persists, then I can only assume there is a problem with the GPU itself.
    All great and spot on advice, much appreciated! Unfortunately, been through all of that. I run 3 monitors, but only 2 at the moment. DVI and DP both produce the little dicks. I had them running games under wine on Linux as well. This card doesn't allow undervolting (seriously) and I've done a clean driver wipe and installed 15.12 (old version) for improved coin mining atm.

Only thing I haven't tried is dropping it in my i3, but I haven't because I'm that sure it is the card...

Edit: Actually, I haven't tried since installing 15.12 or applying new thermal paste.

Edit: Actually, I haven't tried since installing 15.12 or applying new thermal paste.
    isn't 15.12 like 2 year old drivers? 17.7.2 is out

All great and spot on advice, much appreciated! Unfortunately, been through all of that. I run 3 monitors, but only 2 at the moment. DVI and DP both produce the little dicks. I had them running games under wine on Linux as well. This card doesn't allow undervolting (seriously) and I've done a clean driver wipe and installed 15.12 (old version) for improved coin mining atm.

Only thing I haven't tried is dropping it in my i3, but I haven't because I'm that sure it is the card...

Then I am leaning towards the card coming to it's (un)timely demise. There are other options like "baking" where you strip it down to the PCB and place it in a oven to let the solders melt and set again. It's hard to say if it's the RAM or the GPU chip itself that is causing the problem.

Have you run something like MSI Kombustor and did the Stress tests to see if it's not RAM or GPU chip?

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    isn't 15.12 like 2 year old drivers? 17.7.2 is out
    15.12 have better mining capabilities. More than likely due to the devs of the mining software not keeping up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    Then I am leaning towards the card coming to it's (un)timely demise. There are other options like "baking" where you strip it down to the PCB and place it in a oven to let the solders melt and set again. It's hard to say if it's the RAM or the GPU chip itself that is causing the problem.

Have you run something like MSI Kombustor and did the Stress tests to see if it's not RAM or GPU chip?
    Kombustor comes up clean.3DMark runs fine. But again, I haven't run anything since applying the paste. I only did the past after I started meddling with coin mining, as the temps got to high and locked my machine up prior. It now mines quite well for what I have (and considering I'm still in the learning phase). And I certainly realize that mining is gonna rapidly decrease the little life it has left.

I quit and have uninstalled it.

I'm not playing the game as I would like to. I wanted to take my time, but that's not going to happen.
    I made it to Shangai, then realised I'm playing the game at too much of a fast pace; was not happy with it. Instead now, I'll be in the process of downloading Metro: Last Light.

Edit: Installoading Future Soldier instead as I still haven't finished it.
    Last edited by Hagan; 21-09-2017 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
    I quit and have uninstalled it.

I'm not playing the game as I would like to. I wanted to take my time, but that's not going to happen.
    I made it to Shangai, then realised I'm playing the game at too much of a fast pace; was not happy with it. Instead now, I'll be in the process of downloading Metro: Last Light.

Edit: Installoading Future Soldier instead as I still haven't finished it.
    Name:  quitter.png
Views: 25
Size:  349.7 KB

I redownload and attempt to finish it over the weekend.