Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SPCA 24 hour charity stream "Game-a-thon"

Thumbs up SPCA 24 hour charity stream "Game-a-thon"

Hi all,

I'm very excited and proud to announce that on the 22nd July 2017 (Saturday) starting at 12H00 and running until the following day (Sunday) at 12H00 I will be doing a 24 hour streaming session to raise funds for the SPCA aka "Game-a-thon"

I would love to have as many of YOU tune and show me some support - I will only be AFK when I need to use the potty... I'll not leave the PC otherwise - even eating infront of my PC.

My discord (link below) is open and the "spca-game-a-thon" channel is open on the discord group. - in this group, I'm keeping everyone updated with whatever information I have.

WEB SITE
    I've also been sponsored a web site https://www.medicnick83.co.za and if you go to the web site you will see that there is a TWITCH link, so if you have friends/family who are not "TECH SAVVY" as it were - once they go to the site, it will start streaming immediately - the CHAT area is also there - but it might not work 100% unless you have a TWITCH account.

TWITCH.TV
    Those who have TWITCH: Please visit https://www.twitch.tv/medicnick83 and hit FOLLOW and you'll know once the stream starts and can join in.

GAMES TO BE PLAYED
    • [XBOX ONE/PC] Forza Horizon 3
    • [PC] PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
    • [PC] The Division (I have this on XBOX ONE, PS4 & PC with Season Passes etc)
    • [PC] Battlefield 4
    • [PC] Warface
    • [PC] America's Army Proving Grounds
    • [PC] PayDay 2
    • [PC] Ghost Recon Wildlands
    • [PS4] Rocket League
    • [PS4] Horizon Zero Dawn (later into the night/morning because it's a single player game)

I want to play Overwatch and Battlefield 1 but I don't have these games - so if you want to GIFT it to me, that would be much appreciated and then I will be able to play them - just don't expect me to be AMAZING at it.

The games are not set in stone - we might add or not play some - remember, this is not a COMPETITION - it's all about having FUN, interacting, chatting, laughing - having a good time for charity.

GETTING INVOLVED
    If you want to get involved donations (company wise etc) you can contact me via PM or via discord.
    I would love to get some prizes to give away on stream to people who join in the games with me and or are actively supporting the stream throughout.
    If you want to play games WITH me and my friends, join the discord prior to the event and chat to us - we welcome everyone.

CONFIRMED! RARU.co.za will be sponsoring 3x R100 VOUCHERS to give away! [MENTION=1028]Keenest[/MENTION]

GOALS FOR STREAM
    Simple... Raise as much money as possible for the SPCA as possible.

All monies donated to me during the stream go to the SPCA - Please remember, if you donate on stream, there is a link (above the stream, to the left) and you must enter the NAME you want to display with your donation - please save all donations till the event starts please - if you not going to make it - then don't donate to me now - rather EFT the money to the SPCA and use "medicnick83" as the reference - they will know what it's for as everyone at the SPCA has been briefed.

If you don't have money, but want to donate blankets, dry dog and cat food, you are welcome to take it to the SPCA and tell them in the same thing, it's part of the "medicnick83 game-a-thon"

SPREADING THE WORD

I've been actively TWEETING about this on Twitter and so has the SPCA - please follow me and RETWEET.
    If you are on Facebook, please follow the SPCA group and share the post.

Twitter: medicnick83
    Twitter: capespca
    SPCA Facebook

I'll be updating this thread as the days draw closer with any other information.

PRE-START OF STREAM

I plan to start the stream 1 hour early but it will be a "starting soon" type setup - I want to play music - If you have a band, and some good songs - send me 1 or 2 to medicnick83 [at] gmail [dot] com and I'll give it a listen, if I like it, I'll include it in the playlist and mention the song and band name at the start of the stream.

Keep in mind, I am recording the stream (hopefully I won't run outta HDD space! haha) and will be uploading it to YouTube Gaming (link below) once the stream is complete.

See poster below:

Name:  Untitled-2.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  142.1 KB

That's it guys, if I missed anything, let me know.

EDIT: I was gifted Rocket League "Game of the Year" edition on PS4 so that's been added to the list.

That's very cool [MENTION=238]medicnick83[/MENTION]! I'll donate on the day.

Hi all,

Friendly reminder - basically 1 week to go!

The discord is open to everyone to come and chat and mingle.
    The web site is up and running and has been tested and confirmed working lekker!

I just need you and your donations in a week but if you wanna stop by "Babbelbekkie" is open 24/7/365!

Hi all,

Just a reminder about the event (consider this a "BUMP") but also - shout out to anyone who would like to sponsor prizes and such on the stream: please contact me. This is a very unique event and I'd really like to make it something AWESOME and with that being said, I need all your support... So if you know of a company who would like to get involved and sponsor prizes, let me know please.

I have had RARU.co.za sponsor 3 x R100 vouchers for the stream and another gentleman (Anthony) who will be sponsoring animal toys.

The more the merrier guys!

But I need to get those sponsors sorted ASAP so we can slap the logos and such on the website. The event is basically 6 days away and I don't want to leave stuff to the very last minute so this is the last call for anyone (private or company who would like to get involved). It IS the SPCA and we all know that they need all the help that they can get - they're very much overlooked; keep their costs to the public as low as possible and in the end they are the ones who foot the bill.

SO... hit me up for donations of dog and cat food; toys; blankets...heck; if you can't make up your mind or want to donate but don't know what to donate - cold, hard cash is also an option. You can donate directly using "MedicNick83" as the reference number so that it is allocated correctly. Kittens and puppies are relying on us, guys. Let's make a difference! Also... it will make my girlfriend very happy - she has a bleeding heart for animals and I'll get lucky So help the SPCA (and a brother) out...

Just an update:

I've received (via another forum) 2x medium to large doggy jackets as prizes. Great considering it's WINTER (apparently)
    Also, 1x PUBG* code will be up for a prize!

*PUBG is http://store.steampowered.com/app/57...BATTLEGROUNDS/ or PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS is a last-man-standing shooter being developed with community feedback. Players must fight to locate weapons and supplies in a massive 8x8 km island to be the lone survivor. This is BATTLE ROYALE. VERY POPULAR CURRENTLY ON PC!

Hi all

Another update!

I've just received A LOT of dog toys - and each individual piece is handcrafted by Hanger18!
    I won't lie, it's a small fortune I have here to give away on Saturday!

I'm super excited to share their goods with you! Thank you so much to http://hangar18.co.za/

So get those donations ready... you might just score some awesome hand-crafted loot for your pup... And if you don't have a dog - we will donate the toy to a dog at the SPCA on your behalf.

Hi all,

Another update!

John from KnighTech will donating a code for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS as well as a Corsair VS450 PSU and hopefully maybe something else...

Huge thanks go out to them!

The "Event Sponsorship" page on www.medicnick83.co.za is coming soon (Hopefully today) so all those who donated prizes to the stream will be featured - if you want to join in, you are welcome to contact me - there is only 4 days left!!!

I'm super excited and yes, somewhat stressed!

Hi all,

Sorry for being so quiet, work has kept me very busy!

2 days left!!!

We have another company offering a prize towards the stream on Saturday!

Sweets 'n Chocs are giving a R100 voucher - check out http://sweetsnchocs.co.za for more information.

I'd really like to thank all the companies coming to the party and adding value to the stream on Saturday!

Remember to please join in on the Discord especially when it comes to the prize give aways.
    Last edited by medicnick83; 20-07-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Hi all,

Another update! This is so awesome seeing everyone support the stream like this!

mattdt (user from Carbonite forums) will be donating Horizon Zero Dawn (AMAZING PS4 Exclusive game) as a prize and a GAME on STEAM of your choice with a PRICE LIMIT of R300.

So... Thanks mattdt !!!
    Last edited by medicnick83; 20-07-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Hi all,

Another update!

I've been offered 2x more keys to PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds so that means 3 copies of the game will be up for grabs!

Remember to come join us in the Discord and on Twitch chat.