Thread: 4k

Default 4k

Can anyone recommend a 4k monitor?

If you looking at 4k just know you will have so sacrifice refresh rates and maximum FPS for better image quality. Also depending on your hardware when gaming,you might have to turn down settings.

Depending on what you are going to do with the monitor; Gaming, graphic design or both you'll have a choice between a TN (Twisted Nematic) and a IPS (In-plane switching). Both have advantages and disadvantages.

Dell has a 28" (S2817Q) at R7000~ and is TN so they have a 1ms refresh time but, do not produce the same colours as IPS panels do. [LINK]

Samsung also has a 28" (U28E590D) at R7400~ like the Dell is TN too. [LINK]

Asus has a 24" (ASUS MG24UQ) and a 28" (ASUS MG28UQ) At under R9000, they are both IPS panels. Having the best colour reproduction and viewing angles. They will have slightly higher refresh rates 2ms~

[ 24" LINK]

[28" LINK]

All the monitors are AMD Free-Sync compatible, and have a maximum refresh rate of 60hz. If you looking for anything higher, you might want to then look at 1440p.

Thanks for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    If you looking at 4k just know you will have so sacrifice refresh rates and maximum FPS for better image quality. Also depending on your hardware when gaming,you might have to turn down settings.

Depending on what you are going to do with the monitor; Gaming, graphic design or both you'll have a choice between a TN (Twisted Nematic) and a IPS (In-plane switching). Both have advantages and disadvantages.

Dell has a 28" (S2817Q) at R7000~ and is TN so they have a 1ms refresh time but, do not produce the same colours as IPS panels do. [LINK]

Asus has a 24" (ASUS MG24UQ) and a 28" (ASUS MG28UQ) At under R9000, they are both IPS panels. Having the best colour reproduction and viewing angles. They will have slightly higher refresh rates 2ms~

[ 24" LINK]

[28" LINK]

All the monitors are AMD Free-Sync compatible, and have a maximum refresh rate of 60hz. If you looking for anything higher, you might want to then look at 1440p.

Will i see a difference from going 1080p to 1440p? I am worried about losing the 144hz as i do play a lot of cs go as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie1102 View Post
    Thanks for this.

Will i see a difference from going 1080p to 1440p? I am worried about losing the 144hz as i do play a lot of cs go as well.

[ 24" LINK]

[28" LINK]

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie1102 View Post
    Going from 1080 to 1440 you will see a jump in sharpness and clarity, specially on larger screens.

There's the 24" Dell S2417DG R8500 which is 1440p 144hz and has G-Sync [LINK] There is also a 27" variant for R9800 [LINK]

You can get much much cheaper 1440p IPS monitors, but they come at the cost of 60hz/8ms, if you where on a serious budget and absolutely wanted 1440p but then I would rather stick to 1080p at 144z at the same price or less.

Thanks i saw the 27'', looking at that one. Just need to sell my current monitor now.
    Going from 1080 to 1440 you will see a jump in sharpness and clarity, specially on larger screens.

There's the 24" Dell S2417DG R8500 which is 1440p 144hz and has G-Sync [LINK] There is also a 27" variant for R9800 [LINK]

You can get much much cheaper 1440p IPS monitors, but they come at the cost of 60hz/8ms, if you where on a serious budget and absolutely wanted 1440p but then I would rather stick to 1080p at 144z at the same price or less.