Thread: Hazard lights

Default Hazard lights

Seems more and more drivers turn these on for anything these day's. Want to pull of the road hazards want to make a u turn hazards lighs, breaking hazard lighs.

What is your feeling about this nonsense?
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    Seems more and more drivers turn these on for anything these day's. Want to pull of the road hazards want to make a u turn hazards lighs, breaking hazard lighs.

What is your feeling about this nonsense?
    I don't mind people doing this.. at least it informs me that they're about to do something. It's the people who don't signal for anything that irritate me.

on new cars if you brake hard the hazards will automatically go on as soon as the esp system kicks in, i disabled esp on my car but if i see a situation up front and i need to slow down in advance or brake hard the i switch my hazards on, also cape town is prone to some thick fog at times and due to the fact that 90% of drivers in cape town are aholes even with my fog lights on i will also have my hazards on as an additional warning.

rather safe than sorry

taxi's on the other hand just use hazards for fun, flashing lights amuzes them

I actually like when people use it, simply because the amount of idiots on the road, we need more signals. Or just more people who are awake.

I would prefer if they were used by stationary cars. I feel there can be a certain amount of confusion when a moving car uses them.
    T A N S T A A F L

The worst I find is the people that think its a magic "park wherever I want" button. Like somehow putting your hazards on allows you to slam on brakes, and hold up 2 lanes of traffic while you yell at someone on the sidewalk if they going to Mthatha or not.

THAT pisses me off. Hazards do NOT override red lines and other traffic laws.