You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hardware Upgrade Feasibility Study

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Okay cool. Yes my noobness about such things have been incredibly apparent. I will research this cloning software. I want to do the clone next week when I'm on leave.

Also, at the moment I will be buying an SSD that is smaller than my current drive, but I can always remove some stuff currently on my PC. Still have like a 150GB backup of a previously failed extermal drive that I can move somewhere.
    I know with Acronis True Image (dodgy copies available where AAAARRRR's know where to look) as long as the DATA isn't bigger, than cloning from a larger to a smaller drive isn't an issue. I went from a 256gb HD to a 128gb SSD, i just had to make sure the data on my 256 was under 100 ( try keep your ssd under 75% full, helps with performance) and I could clone without issue

Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Okay cool. Yes my noobness about such things have been incredibly apparent. I will research this cloning software. I want to do the clone next week when I'm on leave.

Also, at the moment I will be buying an SSD that is smaller than my current drive, but I can always remove some stuff currently on my PC. Still have like a 150GB backup of a previously failed extermal drive that I can move somewhere.
    Just don't get an SSD smaller than 240/250/256GB, you'll regret it later. Heck, I'm already wishing I had a 500GB one
    17 December - BeoTek Day
    Quote Originally Posted by BeoTeK View Post
    Bah! Fuckit! You want it, it's yours Tydmors! Merry Christmas.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate.

Is there a reason you want to clone ?

I would rather do a nice clean install of windows 10 and copy whatever i want back over from the old drive, If its just a hdd upgrade win 10 will just re-activate itself afterwards so don't worry about the licence, and creating the USB install for win 10 is as easy as using this tool.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10

if it give you hassles use it to rather download the iso and then use Rufus to make a bootable USB