Thread: Discord vs Teamspeak

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Teamspeak - for the super user with cash to have their own server, and wants to be in charge of all the settings, and get the best possible and most customized communication platform with a whole bunch of friends.

Discord - for the user that wants to freely chat with friends, and just want something simple to and easy to use, quickly connecting and just talking to friends.

Me, personally, I like Discord more. I just want to connect and talk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Werfetter View Post
    I have been using Discord for quite a while now and I prefer it in every way because of the simplicity.

Why does the local server make such a big difference? I honestly have never noticed latency on Discord so just curious why the local servers are such a big deal?

Now that is a decent reason. Have you logged the issue with them? I actually found their support team to be quite helpful.

Two of the points above are actual shortcomings of Discord and honestly the popup when the application starts up is not that annoying. Everything else can be fixed by updating your preferences? I have not tried playing with the audio amplification settings so I am not sure if that can be fixed but it has never bothered me.
    Hence why it bothers me,ts was setup push to speak then connect. Discord requires playing and I'm not bothered with setting up. I mean yesterday they put new T&C's which is a popup I don't think you are able to just ignore or customise.

Probably cause I'm running an tube amp and audio file headphones so I hear everything. Ts audio quality is just superior in my audio experience.
    Last edited by ArchieChoke; 22-08-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieChoke View Post
    Discord requires playing and I'm not bothered with setting up.
    Hey if you are just too lazy to set up a new app I get that. That would be an honest reason.

If the Audio quality is not to you liking and the above holds then that is an honest reason.

I mean yesterday they put new T&C's which is a popup I don't think you are able to just ignore or customise.
    Other sites will send you an email with the updated T&C's that require you to click a link to accept the changes.The popup is not configurable and from an application perspective I can understand the reason for it. The application and its uses are constantly growing so it is to be expected that there will be regular T&C updates and this method of delivery considering it's frequency does not bother me. I prefer this to an email that requires me to click a link in an email and logging into a web site to accept new T&C's. Can you suggest a better way of doing it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.)

I get the popup thing.

Conversely thats one nice thing about discord I think it updates when you launch it. I remember on teamspeak it gives you a popup and then you had to go to the website to download the new update to install.
    T A N S T A A F L

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Werfetter View Post
    Hey if you are just too lazy to set up a new app I get that. That would be an honest reason.

If the Audio quality is not to you liking and the above holds then that is an honest reason.

Other sites will send you an email with the updated T&C's that require you to click a link to accept the changes.The popup is not configurable and from an application perspective I can understand the reason for it. The application and its uses are constantly growing so it is to be expected that there will be regular T&C updates and this method of delivery considering it's frequency does not bother me. I prefer this to an email that requires me to click a link in an email and logging into a web site to accept new T&C's. Can you suggest a better way of doing it?
    Nah,just decision made up due to my audio experience. Not going to customise a new application that I'm not going to use.

Not sure what you would do different. Just found annoyance using discord. Also x, the standard close button is minimise.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    I get the popup thing.

Conversely thats one nice thing about discord I think it updates when you launch it. I remember on teamspeak it gives you a popup and then you had to go to the website to download the new update to install.
    Not sure to be honest,haven't had or noticed that. Maybe I customised not sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Also x, the standard close button is minimise.
    THIS! Skype does it as well! HOLY PISS it enrages me to no end. if i wanted to minimize you to tray or taskbar I'D SELECT THAT OPTION. don't think you know better than me, I'm not your stupid user that constantly presses X when they mean to minimize, jeez

Glad I'm not the only one

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    THIS! Skype does it as well! HOLY PISS it enrages me to no end. if i wanted to minimize you to tray or taskbar I'D SELECT THAT OPTION. don't think you know better than me, I'm not your stupid user that constantly presses X when they mean to minimize, jeez

Glad I'm not the only one
    Hahaha thank gosh I'm not alone. I removed Skype purely for that,cause if you don't login it's gunna chill on your task bar.I really would love to meet the person who decided this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Hahaha thank gosh I'm not alone. I removed Skype purely for that,cause if you don't login it's gunna chill on your task bar.I really would love to meet the person who decided this.

Not only that, it falsely teaches people to press X to minimize...WHICH IS WRONG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by mottamort View Post
    Not only that, it falsely teaches people to press X to minimize...WHICH IS WRONG.
    Lmfao. I fear the future,user phones you, you want to rdp to assist, you request user to minimise the program. They close it. Omw I would rage so hard