Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Discord vs Teamspeak

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieChoke View Post
    Lmfao. I fear the future,user phones you, you want to rdp to assist, you request user to minimise the program. They close it. Omw I would rage so hard

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Teamviewer already does that. Its X minimizes but if someone remotes to you, that bottom right popup has an X and it kills the connection if you press it, the "minimize" is actually a > on the left of it....thats made my blood boil a few times

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.)

Not sure to be honest,haven't had or noticed that. Maybe I customised not sure.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Maybe I just had a really old version. Its been a while since I used TS with you guys.

That minimise thing is retarded I agree.
    T A N S T A A F L

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Not sure what you would do different. Just found annoyance using discord. Also x, the standard close button is minimise.
    Now this is something we can agree upon. Screw you Skype for starting this s**t.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate.

I use Discord, I enjoy the overlay it helps to see who is talking if you are in a room with various people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I was reading this thread, and I decided to install Discord to check it out, and I think I'm going to try push it as a replacement for Skype for project conference calls and chats for work.

I see that they are in testing for video calls and screen sharing. I don't think I'll be able to get my boss to switch until it supports screen sharing, but other than that, it looks really awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    I was reading this thread, and I decided to install Discord to check it out, and I think I'm going to try push it as a replacement for Skype for project conference calls and chats for work.

I see that they are in testing for video calls and screen sharing. I don't think I'll be able to get my boss to switch until it supports screen sharing, but other than that, it looks really awesome.
    I would be hesitant about using it for work purely because I am not sure how secure it is. For the average gamer who wants to chat to his buddies or people casually sharing things it is great but i am not sure from the perspective of sharing info (more specifically sensitive info) how it holds up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Werfetter View Post
    I would be hesitant about using it for work purely because I am not sure how secure it is. For the average gamer who wants to chat to his buddies or people casually sharing things it is great but i am not sure from the perspective of sharing info (more specifically sensitive info) how it holds up?
    Ya I was wondering about that but should be ok just for the chatter and for the voice calls, if you don't use it to send sensitive documents

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Ya I was wondering about that but should be ok just for the chatter and for the voice calls, if you don't use it to send sensitive documents
    Then you should be fine. I can see how it can be leveraged as a collaboration tool. Just always keep in mind it is never intended as secure and every thing on there should be considered public

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Werfetter View Post
    Then you should be fine. I can see how it can be leveraged as a collaboration tool. Just always keep in mind it is never intended as secure and every thing on there should be considered public
    Ya, we just end up doing a lot on Skype, and this just looks like it would work better, and you can make channels per project, which is lekker. Screen sharing would be a must though, so I might pitch it when they enable that.

Don't know if people will go for it though, they have resisted my attempts to use Google Hangouts over Skype. Probably because the boss is an Apple person

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Ya, we just end up doing a lot on Skype, and this just looks like it would work better, and you can make channels per project, which is lekker. Screen sharing would be a must though, so I might pitch it when they enable that.

Don't know if people will go for it though, they have resisted my attempts to use Google Hangouts over Skype. Probably because the boss is an Apple person
    Off topic, but have you tried Goto Meeting for work? We use it for our meetings. I sat in a meeting the other day with one person sitting in SA, another in their car sailing in using the app, two people from India, one from Singapore, and me from Sydney. Very clear and high quality meeting. After that I'm absolutely a fan of Goto meeting over Skype for business. Plus you can share your screen.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk