Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FAO Joker

Default FAO Joker

Howzit [MENTION=21]The Joker[/MENTION],

I recall that in one of your posts, you mentioned you have the Corsair 740? What are your thoughts on it?
    I want to upgrade my case(Corsair Spec 03). I bought this budget case a while back and I really don't like it. That being said I'm looking for something with a lot of space, solid frame quality and easy cable management.

A potential Threadripper build with lots of water-cooling(CPU and GPU) could be coming up for me.

Thanks
    Last edited by CyberDemon; 04-09-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberDemon View Post

I recall that in one of your posts, you mentioned you have the Corsair 740? What are your thoughts on it?
    I want to upgrade my case(Corsair Spec 03). I bought this budget case a while back and I really don't like it. That being said I'm looking for something with a lot of space, solid frame quality and easy cable management.

A potential Threadripper build with lots of water-cooling(CPU and GPU) could be coming up for me.

Thanks
    Hey bud

Yip, using a Corsair Air 740.
    I love it, its far better build quality than the Corsair Air 540 and its massive so you won't be running out of space anytime soon.
    Honestly I have owned a lot of cases and the 740 is by far the best out of the lot

Not the best pic but if you want more, especially internally just drop me a pm with your number and I'll forward you some pics.

If however you want something different...Have a look at this

https://www.rebeltech.co.za/15514-cougar-conquer.html

I actually pre-ordered one of these, but changed my mind...still thinking about it though lol
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Hey bud

Yip, using a Corsair Air 740.
    I love it, its far better build quality than the Corsair Air 540 and its massive so you won't be running out of space anytime soon.
    Honestly I have owned a lot of cases and the 740 is by far the best out of the lot

Not the best pic but if you want more, especially internally just drop me a pm with your number and I'll forward you some pics.

If however you want something different...Have a look at this

https://www.rebeltech.co.za/15514-cougar-conquer.html

I actually pre-ordered one of these, but changed my mind...still thinking about it though lol
    Thanks, that Cougar case looks like a very good option as well. I'm only worried about dust though and my lack of cable management skills.

Thanks, that Cougar case looks like a very good option as well. I'm only worried about dust though and my lack of cable management skills.
    I'll gladly build it for you, alternatively I'm sure Rebeltech will gladly build the rig and do your cable management (They've built a few of my rigs when time was an issue).

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    I'll gladly build it for you, alternatively I'm sure Rebeltech will gladly build the rig and do your cable management (They've built a few of my rigs when time was an issue).
    Cool and thanks for the offer. I'll watch some reviews on Youtube of this case and decide. At least I've narrowed down my options to this or the 740.

Cool and thanks for the offer. I'll watch some reviews on Youtube of this case and decide. At least I've narrowed down my options to this or the 740.
    No worries, just drop me a pm if you need any info or help.

Thanks
    Hey CyberDemon

Don't know if you got your 740 yet, but here is a link for it and potentially a few others in the cube style.

Corsair Carbide Air 740

Thermaltake Core X5

Thermaltake Core X9 Snow Edition

Just pop a mail to the shop of you need assitance with anything

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Tech View Post
    Hey CyberDemon

Don't know if you got your 740 yet, but here is a link for it and potentially a few others in the cube style.

Corsair Carbide Air 740

Thermaltake Core X5

Thermaltake Core X9 Snow Edition

Just pop a mail to the shop of you need assitance with anything
    Thanks. I made a big mistake. I bought the Bequiet Dark Base 900 Pro from Amazon. It arrived yesterday. So I wanted to actually build the PC myself as I thought it would be lots of fun and very satisfying to complete. My last PC was ordered and built by Rebeltech and I wanted to DIY this time. Anyways, I hate it. I thought the large case would make cable management easy, it didn't. Then there were a few screws where the PSU goes that was tight that I ended up stripping it. So I spent around R5000.00 to order and ship(and customs) for the case. But to return it to Amazon for refund costs just over R7k with DHL. And Amazon will only refund up to $25 for shipping. So epic fail. I should have just bought the 740 from you guys

Damn man that sucks, so sorry.

Does the system at least look cool?