Thread: Raptr is closing down

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Another one bites the dust just like Xfire did back in 2015, but unlike Xfire I won't miss them.
    XFire was so amazing, it was a chat client, game time tracker and a server browser. I really miss it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

I had like 50k points saved up on raptr...back from when you could actually purchase stuff with it. blegh

Also, raptr and Playfire gave us the reward incentive thing to play games....made a nice chunk of change (or games that paid for themselves) using it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    715 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.) MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Mussolini Award -

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    It's sad to see that Raptr is closing. I love tracking my game time and the other sites I've used just didn't work that well.

Over the last while I've been working on my own alternative. Just working on it here and there but now suddenly it has become critical to get it done quickly.
    Whoa, end of an era. I used to love tracking my play time, first with Xfire, then with Raptr. Mainly it was so my friends could see that I was online and what I was playing. Now I don't bother anymore since we're almost always logged into both Steam and Battle.Net, and most of our games run through one of those two services.

That said, I would gladly help test and/or work on your service, Soli. Very cool!
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Whoa, end of an era. I used to love tracking my play time, first with Xfire, then with Raptr. Mainly it was so my friends could see that I was online and what I was playing. Now I don't bother anymore since we're almost always logged into both Steam and Battle.Net, and most of our games run through one of those two services.

That said, I would gladly help test and/or work on your service, Soli. Very cool!
    Thanks Jan.

I wish I had more time to get to it. Why can't Raptr close by the end of the year? Unfortunately I'm swamped with work at work so I don't think I'll get my site online in time. Will see what happens though.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community. Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.
    Trophies Gift of giving Reputation precedes them

You can now import your Raptr data into Evolve.

https://www.evolvehq.com/raptr/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    You can now import your Raptr data into Evolve.

https://www.evolvehq.com/raptr/
    Nice. I signed up.

Does Evolve have a signature that I can use by any chance?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Nice. I signed up.

How's your Raptr lookalike thing coming along?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    How's your Raptr lookalike thing coming along?
    Not that good. Work is just too hectic at the moment and struggling to get myself to work on it in the evenings. Will see how things go this week.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Member of the Year - Voted by the community. Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.
    Trophies Gift of giving Reputation precedes them

Nice. I signed up.

Yeah but it doesn't look nearly as cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSoup View Post
    Yeah but it doesn't look nearly as cool.
    Why does your signature say Darksta?