Thread: Threadkiller Mk. XIV

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    I wish I could ice-skate, but I don't think there is any skates big enough for my clown feet
    Might be a problem with rentals, but it wouldn't hurt to check. Buying skates, you might need an EE width (widest). But it is always best to try them on before buying. Which sucks because there is a lack of options in the country. You can get at the rinks, and that's about it, and they don't refresh their stock all that often.

I actually ended up getting ones a little too narrow for my feet, but I know some lacing tricks. I spend about 2 hours getting them right at home over the weekend, and have torn off patches of skin on my fingers tightening them up. Next investment, waxed laces!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I actually broke my nose while ice skating when I was younger. Was getting good so tried to do some tricks and bam landed face first on the ice. Just blood everywhere. So I never set food in an ice rink again.
    If you don't fall, you're not learning anything, so props on ya for that! Get up and try again. Of course, let the bleeding stop first...

There was blood on the ice on the weekend. Not sure who's though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    Setting food in an ice rink will just result in cold food
    Haha I've got food on the brain today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Haha I've got food on the brain today.
    That doesn't sound very sanitary. Or smart... but hey, I'd be doing stupid things if I had food on my brain too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Quote Originally Posted by murfle View Post
    Might be a problem with rentals, but it wouldn't hurt to check. Buying skates, you might need an EE width (widest). But it is always best to try them on before buying. Which sucks because there is a lack of options in the country. You can get at the rinks, and that's about it, and they don't refresh their stock all that often.

I actually ended up getting ones a little too narrow for my feet, but I know some lacing tricks. I spend about 2 hours getting them right at home over the weekend, and have torn off patches of skin on my fingers tightening them up. Next investment, waxed laces!
    Last time I went to a rink they only had number 12's. I need at least a 15 or better a 16. I was told by the rink that they don't make those sizes. Not the first time I've heard that said about shoes I want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies MyGaming Champion Vanguard

I wish I could ice-skate, but I don't think there is any skates big enough for my clown feet
    Last time I went to a rink they only had number 12's. I need at least a 15 or better a 16. I was told by the rink that they don't make those sizes. Not the first time I've heard that said about shoes I want.
    I would pay good money to see you skate

I really miss ice skating but its on the list of never agains for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.) Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Hi Hi people

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in.

halloooos everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Eish, ya... Most standard skates max out at 13s. If you were in Canada, you could get a reasonably priced custom pair (still a bit more than standards, would need more material for example), but ask any of the rinks here and they'll just look confused.

They can't even sharpen hockey skates properly here. They're supposed to have a grove, but they grind them flat. I'm not impressed. I'm sure they have the right equipment, they just don't know how to use it, or they're trying to save cost on grinding stones... (probably both)

Heck, there were puddles/slush on the ice this weekend, so maybe they're also trying to reduce that. I'm going to ask them if I bring my own grind stone, and pay the sharpening fee, if I can do it myself.

Still, I'm just happy to be skating again

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies MyGaming Champion Vanguard

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaai Donsie and Wenzie