You should join our great gaming community

Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyGaming newsletter


Page 110 of 178 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1771

Thread: Threadkiller Mk. XIV

  1. #1091
    PsychoFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Under da sea
    Posts
    4,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murfle View Post
    Eish, ya... Most standard skates max out at 13s. If you were in Canada, you could get a reasonably priced custom pair (still a bit more than standards, would need more material for example), but ask any of the rinks here and they'll just look confused.

    They can't even sharpen hockey skates properly here. They're supposed to have a grove, but they grind them flat. I'm not impressed. I'm sure they have the right equipment, they just don't know how to use it, or they're trying to save cost on grinding stones... (probably both)

    Heck, there were puddles/slush on the ice this weekend, so maybe they're also trying to reduce that. I'm going to ask them if I bring my own grind stone, and pay the sharpening fee, if I can do it myself.

    Still, I'm just happy to be skating again
    Flatter grind means more glide, good for figure skating. Deeper/hollow grind for more grip, which is better for hockey.
    0
     

  2. #1092
    PsychoFish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Under da sea
    Posts
    4,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murfle View Post
    Eish, ya... Most standard skates max out at 13s. If you were in Canada, you could get a reasonably priced custom pair (still a bit more than standards, would need more material for example), but ask any of the rinks here and they'll just look confused.

    They can't even sharpen hockey skates properly here. They're supposed to have a grove, but they grind them flat. I'm not impressed. I'm sure they have the right equipment, they just don't know how to use it, or they're trying to save cost on grinding stones... (probably both)

    Heck, there were puddles/slush on the ice this weekend, so maybe they're also trying to reduce that. I'm going to ask them if I bring my own grind stone, and pay the sharpening fee, if I can do it myself.

    Still, I'm just happy to be skating again
    Flatter grind means more glide, good for figure skating. Deeper/hollow grind for more grip, which is better for hockey.
    0
     

  3. #1093
    Will lift for boobs! Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,409
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

    Default

    /wave
    0
     

  4. #1094
    murfle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    Flatter grind means more glide, good for figure skating. Deeper/hollow grind for more grip, which is better for hockey.
    Also good for speed skating. But I got hockey skates, because I'm a(n old) hockey player.

    I want my groove back!
    0
     

  5. #1095
    Whale Masseur AlienTaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    5,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

    Default

    Geez what a day what up good ppl's how's everyone doing?
    0
     

  6. #1096
    Crzwaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Saldanha
    Posts
    15,634
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlienTaker View Post
    Geez what a day what up good ppl's how's everyone doing?
    Going good thanks had a breakdown today and had to rush to finish parts for the company. Luckly it was out of nylon so we could machine it quickly.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

    0
     

  7. #1097
    Whale Masseur AlienTaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    5,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

    Default

    Nice wish it worked that easy in my workplace. Seems like i'm gonna get wet on my way home today
    0
     

  8. #1098
    Crzwaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Saldanha
    Posts
    15,634
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlienTaker View Post
    Nice wish it worked that easy in my workplace. Seems like i'm gonna get wet on my way home today
    No rain for us only a ligh drizzel this morning just enough to dirty up my car.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

    0
     

  9. #1099
    Whale Masseur AlienTaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    5,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

    Default

    Yeah my bike got dirty as well yesterday while riding back from potch, got a bit wet but not too much. I don't mind the rain but i do mind the motorists that forget how to drive when it rains.
    0
     

  10. #1100
    Daddy TK DieGrootHammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In The Bar
    Posts
    7,799
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

    Default

    Good morning everyone
    0
     

Similar Threads

  1. Threadkiller Mk XIII
    By Jan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 11819
    Last Post: 09-09-2017, 08:48 AM
  2. Arctic Cooling launches liquid coolers for Ryzen Threadkiller
    By Jamie McKane in forum Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-07-2017, 02:52 PM
  3. Threadkiller Mk XII
    By Jan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 12016
    Last Post: 09-03-2016, 08:20 AM
  4. Threadkiller Mk XI
    By Jan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 12396
    Last Post: 03-06-2015, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •