Page 137 of 178 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1771

Thread: Threadkiller Mk. XIV

  1. #1361

    Default

    Good grief. I just had a huge fight with the sales manager of the dealership where we bought my wife's brand new Polo in May. The car is now 6 months old with 5700km on the odo. Yesterday on her way back home, the dashboard lit up with warnings and alarms triggered. She struggled to drive so pulled over at the (luckily close by) petrol station next to the highway. I rushed through to help her and drove around the garage's parking lot a couple of times. The power steering was erratic, cutting out every couple of seconds, which caused the electronic stability control to go haywire and jerk the wheels to the side and it felt like the car was braking every so often. So, I drove the thing home at 30km/h.

    This morning, we took it in to the dealership. They ran diagnostics on it and couldn't find anything wrong, even though they clearly could see something is up. They now have to book it in and have an auto electrician strip it apart starting tomorrow. I told the sales manager a car that new shouldn't have trouble like that and the thing is clearly a dud. I asked politely if they can just buy the car from us so we can find something safer for my wife to drive. That's when the argument started and he started comparing his wife's 4 year old car with 70,000km on the clock to my wife's brand new car which should be giving us safe, peace-of-mind motoring. I ended up telling him that either they're buying the car from us, or I'll go to another dealership and let them do it. If I end up having to pay in due to this scenario, I will definitely hit social media and name and shame the sales manager and dealership.

    This morning completely soured my first, and last, experience with VW. I will never buy another vehicle from them as long as I live.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

  2. #1362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    Good grief. I just had a huge fight with the sales manager of the dealership where we bought my wife's brand new Polo in May. The car is now 6 months old with 5700km on the odo. Yesterday on her way back home, the dashboard lit up with warnings and alarms triggered. She struggled to drive so pulled over at the (luckily close by) petrol station next to the highway. I rushed through to help her and drove around the garage's parking lot a couple of times. The power steering was erratic, cutting out every couple of seconds, which caused the electronic stability control to go haywire and jerk the wheels to the side and it felt like the car was braking every so often. So, I drove the thing home at 30km/h.

    This morning, we took it in to the dealership. They ran diagnostics on it and couldn't find anything wrong, even though they clearly could see something is up. They now have to book it in and have an auto electrician strip it apart starting tomorrow. I told the sales manager a car that new shouldn't have trouble like that and the thing is clearly a dud. I asked politely if they can just buy the car from us so we can find something safer for my wife to drive. That's when the argument started and he started comparing his wife's 4 year old car with 70,000km on the clock to my wife's brand new car which should be giving us safe, peace-of-mind motoring. I ended up telling him that either they're buying the car from us, or I'll go to another dealership and let them do it. If I end up having to pay in due to this scenario, I will definitely hit social media and name and shame the sales manager and dealership.

    This morning completely soured my first, and last, experience with VW. I will never buy another vehicle from them as long as I live.
    I have heard versions of this story for a while now. Its why I stick to Ford these days

  3. #1363

    Default

    well my new dremel has arrived, hopefully this one is more durable than the old one

  4. #1364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I have heard versions of this story for a while now. Its why I stick to Ford these days
    Do you carry a fire extinguisher?

  5. #1365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    well my new dremel has arrived, hopefully this one is more durable than the old one
    From a black Friday sale ? I got so absorbed by looking for a new phone that I forgot about looking for a precision screwdriver set... and still did not get a phone.

  6. #1366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B1nary View Post
    From a black Friday sale ? I got so absorbed by looking for a new phone that I forgot about looking for a precision screwdriver set... and still did not get a phone.
    not black friday but on special when i bought it on sunday, as my old one packed up on during last week, saved 400 bucks over the normal price

  7. #1367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    Do you carry a fire extinguisher?
    In my boot - always even before the ford

  8. #1368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    In my boot - always even before the ford
    Just in case you drive past a Ford on fire?

  9. #1369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    Just in case you drive past a Ford on fire?
    lol naw its part of the emergency kit I have :P And the only car I have seen on fire was a Toyota :P

  10. #1370

    Default

    It's odd the two cars I had the most issues with was a Ford and a Fiat, will NEVER buy a Ford in my life again. The dealers in Cape Town give the shittiest service. My Ford was always serviced by Ford and 500km after its 45 000km service I suddenly lose power and white smoke coming from everywhere. Turns out the head gasket went. Also turned out that they never put coolant in, only water. Dealer just shrugged and quoted R40k for the repairs. Which cost me R8k at my non-ford dealer mechanic to do.

Similar Threads

  1. Threadkiller Mk XIII
    By Jan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 11819
    Last Post: 09-09-2017, 08:48 AM
  2. Arctic Cooling launches liquid coolers for Ryzen Threadkiller
    By Jamie McKane in forum Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-07-2017, 02:52 PM
  3. Threadkiller Mk XII
    By Jan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 12016
    Last Post: 09-03-2016, 08:20 AM
  4. Threadkiller Mk XI
    By Jan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 12396
    Last Post: 03-06-2015, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •