Page 39 of 178 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 1771

Thread: Threadkiller Mk. XIV

  1. #381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Jip me too. Absolutely not taking any risk when I go out for beer. And at least Uber is still working well in Joburg. Last time I was there at Beer House with friends we also took an Uber. A Good thing as well, cause I can't remember even requesting the Uber. Those Sowetan Gold Lagers are amazing, but potent.
    Cool, I'll probably not drink too many beers with work again the next day. But it'll be nice to meet up.

  2. #382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Unfortunately since the car is 2nd hand (I cant afford to pay for shiny new cars), I have a very good mechanic that i have taken all my cars to. They suspect just a seal that has come loose since I have been on crappy roads with the car and the kak low profile tires that I want to replace, just didnt like it
    Ya, I'm in a similar boat, crappy roads and all. Which, in South Africa, are regular roads. Good that you have a mechanic you can hopefully trust

  3. #383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murfle View Post
    Ya, I'm in a similar boat, crappy roads and all. Which, in South Africa, are regular roads. Good that you have a mechanic you can hopefully trust
    I have been using them for 15 years, they do good work and are cheap without compromising materials.

  4. #384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I have been using them for 15 years, they do good work and are cheap without compromising materials.
    Far and few between...

  5. #385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I have been using them for 15 years, they do good work and are cheap without compromising materials.
    i dont trust any mechanic to be honest, i try to do everything myself, even when i fitted the new exhaust system a week and a half ago i was there on the floor watching what they were doing and making sure they were not screwing up (money dont grow on trees lol).

  6. #386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murfle View Post
    Far and few between...
    Jup, but I get decent deals because I have been going for 15 years and one of the main reasons is the staff - the same people are still working there besides the 2 new kids they got in

  7. #387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    i dont trust any mechanic to be honest, i try to do everything myself, even when i fitted the new exhaust system a week and a half ago i was there on the floor watching what they were doing and making sure they were not screwing up (money dont grow on trees lol).
    See because the leak happened now, they are going to do the work free they wont charge me for it

  8. #388

    Default

    Arrived home from Cape Town, and had a quick job lined up; earned some extra dough for the business.

    Good evening, TK.


  9. #389

    Default

    And so my laptop’s HDD decided it was time. After 2 years and 3 months of absolute torture, it gave me the finger tonight. It started clanging on like a scrambler at full throttle and then it decided to not play along anymore.

    To make matters worse, it was filled with very complex work that took me 2 days to get done, on a very tight (already overdue) deadline. Now I need to see what I can recover, wasting another couple of days that I don’t have.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

  10. #390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    And so my laptop’s HDD decided it was time. After 2 years and 3 months of absolute torture, it gave me the finger tonight. It started clanging on like a scrambler at full throttle and then it decided to not play along anymore.

    To make matters worse, it was filled with very complex work that took me 2 days to get done, on a very tight (already overdue) deadline. Now I need to see what I can recover, wasting another couple of days that I don’t have.
    Can I interest you in a NAS or cloud storage solution? I'll gladly consult on this and provide you some guidance. It prevents these types of heartaches.

Similar Threads

  1. Threadkiller Mk XIII
    By Jan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 11819
    Last Post: 09-09-2017, 08:48 AM
  2. Arctic Cooling launches liquid coolers for Ryzen Threadkiller
    By Jamie McKane in forum Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-07-2017, 02:52 PM
  3. Threadkiller Mk XII
    By Jan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 12016
    Last Post: 09-03-2016, 08:20 AM
  4. Threadkiller Mk XI
    By Jan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 12396
    Last Post: 03-06-2015, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •