Page 42 of 178 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1771

Thread: Threadkiller Mk. XIV

  1. #411
    Thread Killer Mk VIII czc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Between Kensington and The Vale
    Posts
    15,723

    Default

    Hmm, My router at home died, of that I am sure. And the internet at work is on and off today.
    T A N S T A A F L

  2. #412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    Hmm, My router at home died, of that I am sure. And the internet at work is on and off today.
    My router at home died, of that I am sure.
    For my internetlessness, I need to find a cure.
    So I send it for repair
    But to my despair
    The bill showed me that I am too poor.

  3. #413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    My router at home died, of that I am sure.
    For my internetlessness, I need to find a cure.
    So I send it for repair
    But to my despair
    The bill showed me that I am too poor.
    #BuyACheapie

    https://www.takealot.com/totolink-nd...r/PLID34167831 R 349
    Last edited by PsychoFish; 03-10-2017 at 09:50 AM.

  4. #414
    Thread Killer Mk VIII czc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Between Kensington and The Vale
    Posts
    15,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    My router at home died, of that I am sure.
    For my internetlessness, I need to find a cure.
    So I send it for repair
    But to my despair
    The bill showed me that I am too poor.
    DieGrootHammer DieImpromptuPoet

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    Uh, borrowing one from work.
    T A N S T A A F L

  5. #415

    Default

    The only two routers brands I find that rarely give any shit : Billion and Cisco

    Billion BiPAC 7800DxL is a beast of a home router BTW

  6. #416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    The only two routers brands I find that rarely give any shit : Billion and Cisco

    Billion BiPAC 7800DxL is a beast of a home router BTW
    Never heard of them before. Great feature list (if you have a need for all that), but a quick look at their download section, latest firmware I found was 2012. (hopefully for their sake I just didn't look in the right spot) The more features a firewall/router has, the more vulnerabilities will be found.

  7. #417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Morning people of the TK

    Im sorry but meh
    I'm sorry.

  8. #418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murfle View Post
    Never heard of them before. Great feature list (if you have a need for all that), but a quick look at their download section, latest firmware I found was 2012. (hopefully for their sake I just didn't look in the right spot) The more features a firewall/router has, the more vulnerabilities will be found.
    True, very true. As models get deprecated they stop releasing firmware. However they do release firmware at least once a year for all current models. However the Billion is tough as nails, I've had one sitting in a warehouse for 8 years without even flinching.

    Sadly they're expensive, but for good reason. The built in firewall is very good and LAN transfer at full Gigabit speeds.

    The Cisco 800 series ISR is even better, but at ~R7+k for a router without WiFi it's not really aimed at the home user.

  9. #419

    Default

    So, my HDD is fine. I tested it in an external enclosure and both partitions picked up in my desktop PC. Upon further investigation, the one fan’s bearings are at fault. And the warranty expired 2 months ago. And it’s soldered to the mobo (being a laptop and all).

    So I had to rush out to buy a new machine today. Against all that is good and holy I could only settle for EveTech. I had to find a place within driving distance, with stock and decent pricing on a fairly high spec machine. So I ended up with an Asus ROG GL502MV with 16GB RAM and an extra 255GB SSD.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

  10. #420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    So, my HDD is fine. I tested it in an external enclosure and both partitions picked up in my desktop PC. Upon further investigation, the one fan’s bearings are at fault. And the warranty expired 2 months ago. And it’s soldered to the mobo (being a laptop and all).

    So I had to rush out to buy a new machine today. Against all that is good and holy I could only settle for EveTech. I had to find a place within driving distance, with stock and decent pricing on a fairly high spec machine. So I ended up with an Asus ROG GL502MV with 16GB RAM and an extra 255GB SSD.
    Nice

Similar Threads

  1. Threadkiller Mk XIII
    By Jan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 11819
    Last Post: 09-09-2017, 08:48 AM
  2. Arctic Cooling launches liquid coolers for Ryzen Threadkiller
    By Jamie McKane in forum Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-07-2017, 02:52 PM
  3. Threadkiller Mk XII
    By Jan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 12016
    Last Post: 09-03-2016, 08:20 AM
  4. Threadkiller Mk XI
    By Jan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 12396
    Last Post: 03-06-2015, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •