Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Star Trek or Star Wars

New Star Trek series starting this weekend.

What about The Orville:

Oh, I didn't put my vote:

Star Trek: TNG > Star wars V & VI > ST: DS9 and Voyager > Firefly > Star wars Rebels > Babylon 5 > Robotech > Spaceballs > Red Dwarf > Battlestar Galagtica > Dune > .....
    The rest of the Star Trek and Star Wars movies will fit in here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by murfle View Post
    What do you mean by 'a few times'? Like, all 7 multiple times... Or did you get half way through episode I and give up multiple times? ^^
    About 5 times I normally watch it machete style.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I fixed your title. It's heresy to write Star Trek as one word! And Star Trek wins by far!
    Thanks my phone freaked out for some reason and did not put spaces some places

Quote Originally Posted by Dohc-WP View Post
    i like both but only the new stuff i cant stand the old star treks or star wars movies, i only like the new trilogy of star trek and and the star wars movies even though i have seen all of them, i probably wont be able to get myself to watch the original 3 movies again. same applies to bond movies i grew up watching the pierce brosnan and craig ones so the older ones which i have all seen thanks to etv are just not my cup of tea tbh.
    Same its like the old badman movies those are just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMol View Post
    Speaking of Sci-fi, one of my favourite series is Farscape. An awesome show with brilliant, colourful characters.
    Farscape was cool but I got a bit bored of it also started the movie but did not complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Joking right? I am not sure how to feel about you anymore honestly
    Hahaha :P

Quote Originally Posted by Glordit View Post
    Both series are not something that can easily be compared to one other. Star Trek and Star Wars are from the space opera genre but, Star Wars leans into the Fantasy Sci-Fi a lot more than Stat Trek. Where as Star Trek is based more in Hard-Fi and Drama than the Good vs. Evil subplot that Star Wars uses. Star Trek has it's fair share of battles yet, it also has a plethora of episodes which do not.
    Don't come with your logic here
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by beans100 View Post
    New Star Trek series starting this weekend.

What about The Orville:

WTF have they done, this feels way to slapstick, just no ...

However there is hope..

Orville is kak

Star Trek is good, but not for me, I fell asleep

/Trekkie at heart lifting his hand in acknowledgement.

Has Anyone watched the first two episodes of the new Star Trek on Netflix? It has some serious potential. Reminds me a lot of Voyager.

Quote Originally Posted by Werfetter View Post
    /Trekkie at heart lifting his hand in acknowledgement.

Has Anyone watched the first two episodes of the new Star Trek on Netflix? It has some serious potential. Reminds me a lot of Voyager.
    Yeah the new Star Trek looks good and the SFX are pretty too, it more of a narrative than the old Star Trek style, were each episode was its own encapsulated story.

As for people who compare Star Trek to Star Wars you just cant. You may prefer one over the other but in my mind
    Star Wars is more a Futuristic Fantasy Genre than Sci-fi. Star Trek is a purer sci-fi genre.

Star Wars VII is an amazing film, it blows me away everytime at just how good they made it look, but at the same time made it feel part of the same Universe as Star Wars from the 70's.