Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: [MyGame] Rise of the Tomb Raider

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

Lara sure seems to have grown up a bit since that first kill that made her lose her lunch...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Blazzok View Post
    Also just finished the game. Here near the end I decided fuck it, not doing all the tombs, challenges and collectibles anymore and just finished it.
    Ya, I'm gonna rush through the rest I think. I'm kinda over it. Only got 3% done on the weekend...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.)

I'm really enjoying the game, and this just coming out of playing the 2013 reboot. In my view RotTR takes everything from the reboot and improves upon it. The tombs are a huge improvement and really bring back the "Tomb Raider" vibes of the previous era of games. The tombs are nice and varied, while they also believably fit in with the environment, as in they feel like actual places you could discover. Also, the reward for completing the tomb being a bit of knowledge that adds skills makes soooo much more sense themacitcally than opening a treasure chest and finding a part for a new weapon.

I was a bit hesitant at the changes that were made to the crafting system but after using it for a while I feel that it is indeed better. I like the fact that I can craft ammo on the run, and that grenades need to be improvised from the environment.

I've now just arrived in the Sanctuary, so not quite finished yet but I've enjoyed the story. Having just played the reboot I can tell you that they both do well in developing the characters. I'm not finished so I'll reserve final judgement on comparing the plots but one thing I can say is that I could see what was coming in the 2013 reboot -
    Spoiler: show
    Sam was to be the next Sun-queen and you'd have to rescue her etc.
    but at the point I am in RotTR I don't know what to expect regarding the "vital source".

I really enjoyed the Legend, Anniversary and Underworld Tomb Raider games and so the elements from those games that they have added in RotTR have been a big plus for me.

Before this seems like I have nothing but good to say of the game, I did get a bit of that open world/collect them all fatigue entering the Geothermal Valley - similar activities and collectibles all to do again feeling. But the scenery and variation in the tombs has kept it interesting. Funnily enough the 2nd open world area reminded me a lot of the 2nd area in Shadow or Mordor - moving from a wasteland in a lush, grassy area.
    Last edited by DarthMol; 06-11-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.)

Ok, so I'm done. Finished the game on Survivor difficulty.

Name:  ROTTR_2017_11_06_12_46_46_769.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  129.7 KB
    Last edited by czc; 06-11-2017 at 01:07 PM.
    T A N S T A A F L

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Congrats @czc !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.)

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Congrats @czc !
    Thanks, I didn't think I would sometimes.

Also I see that @FarligOpptreden finished the game but is not on your list.
    T A N S T A A F L

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    Thanks, I didn't think I would sometimes.

Also I see that @FarligOpptreden finished the game but is not on your list.
    Thanks! I completely missed that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

And at 63% I have completed my 2nd playthrough of this game. Decided not to get the DLC as I couldn't justify the price for what I got...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Congrats @mottamort !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Threadkiller - Got the last word in.
    Trophies MyGaming Champion Vanguard

I am sad to admit defeat, the motion in the game got to me, I cant get off the bloody mountain so I will pass on finishing this