Thread: [MyGame] Rise of the Tomb Raider

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

All good so far, feels a lot like the original in some ways, which is good. As opposed to having something radically different.

Spoiler: show
    Is any one else getting some Bible vibes from the story?

• A Prophet is presented.
    • Usage of Greek as opposed to Hebrew.
    • At some point they are killed and come back from the dead.
    • Bad guy with holes in his hands (possible allusion to crucification?)

EDIT

I just realized I started a day early.
    Last edited by Glordit; 30-09-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

haha it does feel like today should be the first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

And we're off. I'll be going for Extreme Survivor (survivor mode with saves only at campfires). thats one of the achievements i dont have yet (think it isn't unlocked until you beat in survivor mode...THINK)

EDIT: nvm, extreme survivor is only available for the 20th anniversary edition. guess i'm playing in easy mode (since i have survivor already, so going for completion)
    Last edited by mottamort; 01-10-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

I don't have any of the DLC, so if I do play, it will only be the standard game.

It will also be the 3rd time I start this game. I started it once on Xbox1, then again on my PC and I played a bit further along, but never finished it.

So perhaps try nr 3 is the one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 3: Psychonauts - Completed their Basic Braining. (Achievement Unlocked: Did not let the Circus drive them insane.)

Today is the day. Good luck everyone.
    T A N S T A A F L

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Enjoy the game!
    @czc , @DarthMol , @DieGrootHammer , @Jan , @mottamort , @murfle , @PsychoFish , @Solitude , @Xiphan , @Wyvern

and @Glordit who has been enjoying it already!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

It started...

Name:  20171001070355_1.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  247.5 KB

Decided to try it with the difficulty jacked up all the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Wow this game is beautiful!

Also I see the Season Pass is currently on special at Steam. I wonder if it's worth buying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 7: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Nemesis of the Uruk-hai. MyGame Challenge 5: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Faced down the Tuatha Deohn and unravelled the mysteries of Fate. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse.

I am actually on my third tomb, but since Shadow play is borked and I am still learning to use OBS I forgot to record the following ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Wow this game is beautiful!

Also I see the Season Pass is currently on special at Steam. I wonder if it's worth buying.
    I also saw that, so I bought it.

I did however forget to download the game!
    I still had a *cough* trial copy on my PC, but forgot that it was indeed a trial copy. So yeah, 22GB download still has to happen, so I'll only start with the game during the week perhaps.