Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The MyGaming Games of the Year 2017 awards Megathread

Default The MyGaming Games of the Year 2017 awards Megathread

Welcome everyone to the last few weeks of the year. It is that time again where we as a community nominate and vote for the best games of the year!!! GET HYPE!!!

Name:  SGv1bTD.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  98.6 KB

This thread serves as a notice for all the incoming threads, and to provide some information on how the proceeding will happen this year.

For reference, have a look at last year's winner in this thread

This year, we will create a thread for each category, and leave the thread running for the next week. During this next week, you get to nominate the games you feel should be nominated for each category. At the end of the week, we will then create the voting threads. Here a poll will be created with all the nominations, and you will get to vote for your favourite game in each category.

Remember, only games released in 2017 should be nominated and voted for.

From this thread, each of the categories will be linked. The threads will take some time to create, however, so give me some time just to create the threads.

EDIT: All Nomination threads are linked for your convenience now.

EDIT 2: All nominations are now done. The votes have been tallied and the voting threads will be completed and linked below.

Best Action/Adventure Game
    Best Shooter Game
    Best Multiplayer Game
    Best RPG
    Best Strategy Game
    Best Racing Game
    Best Sports Game
    Best Fighting Game
    Best Indie Game
    Best Game Story or Narrative
    Biggest Disappointment of the Year
    Game of the Year
    Last edited by DieGrootHammer; 26-11-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Welcome everyone to the last few weeks of the year. It is that time again where we as a community nominate and vote for the best games of the year!!! GET HYPE!!!

Name:  SGv1bTD.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  98.6 KB

This thread serves as a notice for all the incoming threads, and to provide some information on how the proceeding will happen this year.

For reference, have a look at last year's winner in this thread

This year, we will create a thread for each category, and leave the thread running for the next week. During this next week, you get to nominate the games you feel should be nominated for each category. At the end of the week, we will then create the voting threads. Here a poll will be created with all the nominations, and you will get to vote for your favourite game in each category.

Remember, only games released in 2017 should be nominated and voted for.

The categories this year is:

Best Action/Adventure Game
    Best Shooter Game
    Best Multiplayer Game
    Best RPG
    Best Strategy Game
    Best Racing Game
    Best Sports Game
    Best Fighting Game
    Best Indie Game
    Best Game Story or Narrative
    Biggest Disappointment of the Year
    Game of the Year

From this thread, each of the categories will be linked. The threads will take some time to create, however, so give me some time just to create the threads.
    I will try to vote, I didnt play much new this year tho so I am out of the loop

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I will try to vote, I didnt play much new this year tho so I am out of the loop
    Agreed, I don't think I've played any new games this year.
    T A N S T A A F L

I think PUBG was my only 2017 game that I played this year - other than a few open beta's

Okay, all of the threads are now created. Time for nominating. Even if you haven't played everything, I'm sure you have some opinion about which game should and should not be in each category. Please go and nominate!

Remember, you can nominate more than one game if you want to

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Okay, all of the threads are now created. Time for nominating. Even if you haven't played everything, I'm sure you have some opinion about which game should and should not be in each category. Please go and nominate!
    Oh, okay then. I thought we had to have played them.
    T A N S T A A F L

Quote Originally Posted by czc View Post
    Oh, okay then. I thought we had to have played them.
    I mean at the end of the day, there is no possible way in which we could've played every single game. So it's totally up to you. If you don't want to nominate a game you haven't played yet, then do that. If you want to nominate a game you haven't played yet because you think it deserves it, then go right ahead. I'm not going to stop anyone from any nomination or vote.

Thank you very much for creating these threads [MENTION=9789]DieGrootHammer[/MENTION]! I will contribute tonight.

Everyone, thank you all for the nominations. All the nominations have been tallied and the voting polls and threads will be created in a bit.