Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza 7

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Achievements Taking The Plunge
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

I'll definitely get the game when I get the XBox One X.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Another thing, I think we must reinstate the weekly MyGaming Forza challenges. I really enjoyed those, and I think everyone else did as well. I'll give it a month or so just for things to calm down with regards to the microtransaction debacle and hopefully the XBX launch, then we'll get going. First need to get back into the game and get racing again.

Anyone still interested in restarting those MyGaming Forza Challenges?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    Plus as far as I heard from compliants on both the Forza forum as the subreddit, the PC port isn't in the absolute best state. Forza has never really been strong on the PC in the past. People have always complianed about the PC ports from Turn 10.

I'm still gonna buy the game thought. I'm sure the game will still feel and play amazingly.
    Bad business practice aside, this game does still play very nicely. If you focus on the game play and try not to think about the other stuff, you won't be disappointed. I'm hoping for some new tracks when the DLC starts rolling out. They can carry on about the content as much as they like but when you come right down to it, the only new track is Dubai and the American circuits are way over-represented. Would've been great if Kayalami, which is an official Porsche track, was in this game...
    Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more (Mark Twain).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion!

Another thing, I think we must reinstate the weekly MyGaming Forza challenges. I really enjoyed those, and I think everyone else did as well. I'll give it a month or so just for things to calm down with regards to the microtransaction debacle and hopefully the XBX launch, then we'll get going. First need to get back into the game and get racing again.

I would be keen on that. The issue however is that the leaderboard system has changed significantly so doing what we did for FM6 may be a bit trickier. I havent spent much time figuring the new system out though. If I have understood it right, you may need to put in lap times via races and so leaderboards will be homologated and not class based.

Otherwise I feel disappointed with the launch. The racing feels good and the graphics are pretty though seemingly worse than FM6. I currently can't join public hoppers do to the same "game session not found" error as I had with FM6. I have been emailing the devs support email and they have been responding so I may get a resolution on the multiplayer issue. The seeming lack of leaderboards is also saddening.

I also can't get the game to download on PC yet.

Overall, for me its a bitter experience for the price of R999.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 8: Darksiders - Horseman of the Apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 6: Spec Ops: The Line - Had an encounter with Willie Pete. MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! MyGame Challenge 1: Dark Souls - Achievement Unlocked: You Died. Lots of times. But you somehow finished the game.

I'm interested if we can make it over a 2 week period instead of one. Or something like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards Threadkiller - Got the last word in. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion! Balls of Steel - Community-selected custom user title.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlypinecone View Post
    I would be keen on that. The issue however is that the leaderboard system has changed significantly so doing what we did for FM6 may be a bit trickier. I havent spent much time figuring the new system out though. If I have understood it right, you may need to put in lap times via races and so leaderboards will be homologated and not class based.

Otherwise I feel disappointed with the launch. The racing feels good and the graphics are pretty though seemingly worse than FM6. I currently can't join public hoppers do to the same "game session not found" error as I had with FM6. I have been emailing the devs support email and they have been responding so I may get a resolution on the multiplayer issue. The seeming lack of leaderboards is also saddening.

I also can't get the game to download on PC yet.

Overall, for me its a bitter experience for the price of R999.
    Double damn!!! We'll that's why we won't start now and give us some time with the game to get to grips as to how we will do the thing. I haven't played it yet, so I can't comment about how we potentially can do the challenge.

Everything I'm hearing is making me super sad though. I love Forza SO MUCH!! Hopefully some of these launch issues can be solved and fixed as the game goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I'm interested if we can make it over a 2 week period instead of one. Or something like that.
    Yes absolutely we can do that. Last time the week by week thing worked, but two weeks will give people more than enough time to complete the challenge and join the fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats
    Awards MyGame Challenge 4: Grim Dawn - Survived the aetherial apocalypse. MyGame Challenge 2: Borderlands 2 - They're weak to bullets, minion!

Double damn!!! We'll that's why we won't start now and give us some time with the game to get to grips as to how we will do the thing. I haven't played it yet, so I can't comment about how we potentially can do the challenge.

Everything I'm hearing is making me super sad though. I love Forza SO MUCH!! Hopefully some of these launch issues can be solved and fixed as the game goes on.

Yes absolutely we can do that. Last time the week by week thing worked, but two weeks will give people more than enough time to complete the challenge and join the fun.
    Don't get too discouraged by all the negativity though.

I'm not sure what aspect of the game you are looking forward to the most but if it's mostly career, I think you will have a great time. If we do laptime challenges you should earn extra currency to avoid too much career progression grinding. You can also use in game currency for loot boxes.

Theres also still features to be enabled, such as leagues and forzathon, so there is a chance for some fixes to leaderboards and the private/public hoppers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

I would be, but I think it's going to be a little trickier to arrange this time around, what with loot crate restricted content, low CR earnings and not everyone having access to the same cars from the beginning. If we can figure something out to get the Forza Challenges running again, and once I actually have the game, I'm keen. Like @Solitude suggests, I'd definitely appreciate a little more time to complete the Challenges.

Also, does anyone know if leadernboard times are platform specific - or as a Play Anywhere title do my times reflect the same regardless of whether I set them on XB or PC?

“You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Quote Originally Posted by GregRedd View Post
    I would be, but I think it's going to be a little trickier to arrange this time around, what with loot crate restricted content, low CR earnings and not everyone having access to the same cars from the beginning. If we can figure something out to get the Forza Challenges running again, and once I actually have the game, I'm keen. Like @Solitude suggests, I'd definitely appreciate a little more time to complete the Challenges.

Also, does anyone know if leadernboard times are platform specific - or as a Play Anywhere title do my times reflect the same regardless of whether I set them on XB or PC?
    From what I've seen so far it supports cross platform play between pc and XBox. Rivals mode is absent in this game though.
    Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more (Mark Twain).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    MyGaming Rank
    MyGaming Stats

Looks like Turn 10 are doing something about the VIP Pass shenanigans:

Alan Hartman - Turn 10 Studio HeadTuesday, October 3, 2017
    Since Forza Motorsport 7 launched into early access last week, everyone here at Turn 10 has been keeping a close eye on our players’ feedback. The most important thing to us is to maintain open communication with the Forza Community. We’ve heard what you have had to say and, starting today, you can expect some significant changes.

VIP and Ultimate
    Over the weekend we heard loud and clear from Ultimate Edition owners expressing frustration over the VIP membership offer in Forza Motorsport 7. We immediately updated the VIP description in the Windows Store to alleviate any future confusion. As head of the studio, I apologize for any confusion or frustration our players may have experienced.

Going forward, we will continue to ensure that Forza Motorsport 7 VIPs receive the most value for their VIP membership, including new experiences and great content. Starting today we’re sending all Forza Motorsport 7 VIPs four additional Forza Edition cars:

2016 Jaguar F-TYPE Project 7 Forza Edition
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Forza Edition
    2017 Acura NSX Forza Edition
    2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S Forza Edition

Forza 7 VIPs will be able to download all these cars from the in-game message center and add them to their car collection. Players will not only enjoy an immediate bump to their Car Collection score after adding these Tier 5 Legendary cars to their garages, they’ll also be able to take advantage of the inherent perks that each of these Forza Edition cars offer. In addition to the cars, we’re also sending all Forza 7 VIPs 1 million credits.

Secondly, and even more significantly, we will be changing VIP rewards in Forza Motorsport 7. This new system will work like it did in Forza Motorsport 6, offering a 2X base credit bonus after every race. We’ve already started work on this feature and we will release it as soon as possible. Look for more information on this update as we near the release date.

Source: https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-u..._Launch_Update

Also commitment in there to addressing PC performance and stability issues and link to PC patch that went out yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“You will know the good from the bad when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”
    ~ Jedi Master Yoda ~