View Poll Results: Will you be participating in the Mygaming Secret Santa event this year

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas, Please pick me for the festivities

    25 86.21%
  • No, I am a Grinch and I do not/cannot participate

    4 13.79%
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 305

Thread: MyGaming Secret Santa 2017

  1. #31

    Default

    One thing that's different this year is that Steam wise we'll have to gift directly. You can't keep a steam gift in your inventory anymore to gift to someone else. At least I think so.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    One thing that's different this year is that Steam wise we'll have to gift directly. You can't keep a steam gift in your inventory anymore to gift to someone else. At least I think so.
    We will have to test this out sooner than later. I know I had a gift for someone in my library for set date - but then I didnt hide who its from

  3. #33

    Default

    “Steam Gifting will now be a system of direct exchange from gift buyer to gift receiver, and we will be retiring the Gift to E-mail and Gift to Inventory options,” the blog post explains.

    https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/4/155...-key-resellers

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    One thing that's different this year is that Steam wise we'll have to gift directly. You can't keep a steam gift in your inventory anymore to gift to someone else. At least I think so.
    Test sent to you - lets see if you can pass it along to Hammer

  5. #35

    Default

    Thanks Wyv. Yes, can only add to my library.

    Name:  2017-10-04 10_51_34-MyGaming Secret Santa 2017 - Page 4.png
Views: 48
Size:  249.3 KB

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Thanks Wyv. Yes, can only add to my library.

    Name:  2017-10-04 10_51_34-MyGaming Secret Santa 2017 - Page 4.png
Views: 48
Size:  249.3 KB
    ehe ok so now we know - you keep that one

    I picked something both of you would like :P

    So the steam gifters will unfortunately know who it is from

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    ehe ok so now we know - you keep that one

    I picked something both of you would like :P

    So the steam gifters will unfortunately know who it is from
    Haha I declined it! Did you just buy that for a test?

    Unfortunately that does look like it's the case that the person will know who it's from. Except if it's keys that are being exchanged from places like Humble Bundle and such.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Haha I declined it! Did you just buy that for a test?

    Unfortunately that does look like it's the case that the person will know who it's from. Except if it's keys that are being exchanged from places like Humble Bundle and such.
    Yes I was just gonna say - if its keys from humble bundles - I actually think that and gog will be a good alternative to steam - altho you wont have the xmas specials.

    hehe yea I just grabbed the cheapest game I could find

  9. #39

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    Yes I was just gonna say - if its keys from humble bundles - I actually think that and gog will be a good alternative to steam - altho you wont have the xmas specials.

    hehe yea I just grabbed the cheapest game I could find
    Well... we can make it key only or you can allow that the person gift directly. It's up to you.

Similar Threads

  1. MyGaming Secret Santa Event
    By Wyvern in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 531
    Last Post: 03-10-2017, 11:16 AM
  2. MyGaming Secret Santa 2016
    By DieGrootHammer in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 332
    Last Post: 01-02-2017, 01:24 PM
  3. MyGaming Secret Santa
    By Wyvern in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 482
    Last Post: 13-10-2015, 11:41 PM
  4. Who wants to play Secret Santa?
    By DenSweeP in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 16-12-2010, 07:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •