Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The best and worst of the Assassin's Creed games

MyGaming Journalist

Default The best and worst of the Assassin's Creed games

The best and worst of the Assassin's Creed games

For every great game, there was one equally as bad.

Eastern Cape, about 70meters from the ocean

Where would you rank the first Assassins Creed? I don't see it on the list.

I think the first Assassins Creed and Assassins Creed 3 are tied for first, followed by Assassins Creed 2. The rest can be tied for 3rd because I love all of them but the first and 3rd installments are special because Altair and Connor's origins and demeanour suit their actions. Ezio was a fun, loving, charming, family man who loved his mother and sister but then goes on a murderous quest for the apple. It just didnt sit well with me. Though, the story of the 2nd game is unreal - so is the whole over arching story of the series.

Altair was badass because he was an orphan/kidnapped and raised by the order and trained from birth to be an assassin. His dress also made sense for the time because most people were wearing robes and cowls etc. so he really fit in. A hoody wearing pirate with ninja moves jumping into caribean oceans seemed a bit doff which is why I always unlocked other outfits that were suited to the environments.

Connor was great because he had hated the Templars all his life for killing his mother and fellow villagers when he was a child. So his pissed off solemn demeanour really suited his actions too. In fact Connors personal story is probably the most powerful and sad of them all because of him being torn between his father being a templar, templars wrecking his life, siding with Washingtons forces and then later learning Washington was responsible for his mothers death.
    In the new fighting style you can really see his rage knowing his background, especially when you fight with the tomahawk.
    Alos playing as Connor as a child learning to hunt was really cool, and really hit home the heavyness of his loss.

Ya.... Assassins Creed 3 is actually my favourite.

Yeah, also think AC1 must be on the list.
    Unity was the worst game ever. I hated every minute of it and the whole time I just felt that I wanted to get it over with. I was actually quite disgusted with the whole franchise after that.
    Liberation I didn't even finish (can't really remember why). So even if AC1's dated graphics plays a role (I'm assuming the graphics is quite dated by now), it should still at the very least be ranked higher than Unity and Liberation. While I don't remember much of AC1, I do remember enjoying the game.

No guts, no glory, no brain, same story.

Worst :Climb tower/tree/telephone pole/church ect. reveal map rinse and repeat.

Wish they could take black flag and make a game of the sea battles and sea shanties.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Quote Originally Posted by bradbear117 View Post
    Where would you rank the first Assassins Creed? I don't see it on the list.

I think the first Assassins Creed and Assassins Creed 3 are tied for first, followed by Assassins Creed 2. The rest can be tied for 3rd because I love all of them but the first and 3rd installments are special because Altair and Connor's origins and demeanour suit their actions. Ezio was a fun, loving, charming, family man who loved his mother and sister but then goes on a murderous quest for the apple. It just didnt sit well with me. Though, the story of the 2nd game is unreal - so is the whole over arching story of the series.

Altair was badass because he was an orphan/kidnapped and raised by the order and trained from birth to be an assassin. His dress also made sense for the time because most people were wearing robes and cowls etc. so he really fit in. A hoody wearing pirate with ninja moves jumping into caribean oceans seemed a bit doff which is why I always unlocked other outfits that were suited to the environments.

Connor was great because he had hated the Templars all his life for killing his mother and fellow villagers when he was a child. So his pissed off solemn demeanour really suited his actions too. In fact Connors personal story is probably the most powerful and sad of them all because of him being torn between his father being a templar, templars wrecking his life, siding with Washingtons forces and then later learning Washington was responsible for his mothers death.
    In the new fighting style you can really see his rage knowing his background, especially when you fight with the tomahawk.
    Alos playing as Connor as a child learning to hunt was really cool, and really hit home the heavyness of his loss.

Ya.... Assassins Creed 3 is actually my favourite.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. Haha. AC III is my favourite one as well, but I love them all. Yes, I even liked Unity despite everything wrong with it.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    Worst :Climb tower/tree/telephone pole/church ect. reveal map rinse and repeat.

Wish they could take black flag and make a game of the sea battles and sea shanties.
    They are doing exactly that. It's called Skull & Bones.

I get as far as a race against the clock. fail 20 times and rage quit, buy the next one. my wife is good at AC

Quote Originally Posted by Wlad View Post
    They are doing exactly that. It's called Skull & Bones.

Cool have not seen it will look into it just hope its not another online only game seeing as that is all the rage atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    Cool have not seen it will look into it just hope its not another online only game seeing as that is all the rage atm.
    Hate to be that guy, but I'm 99% sure it's online only.

Quote Originally Posted by Wlad View Post
    Hate to be that guy, but I'm 99% sure it's online only.

Haha well you can't help it since most games these days are online only thank goodness for GOG.