Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Media Players

Default Media Players

Seeing as ms is removing their player(you can re able it) what are you going to use or have been using?

I love MPC-HC(Media player Classic) But the last release was in July since its officially done.
    I have VLC but don't like it as much but it gets the job done. The colors always looks washed out.(probably a setting will do some googling.)
    Last edited by Crzwaco; 10-10-2017 at 07:56 PM.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

I just realised that I cannot remember the last time I actually used a media player on a PC or laptop. It's been months, like more than 10 months since I even started one. The last one I used was the normal Windows media player.

Most content I play are either via streaming services, or via my Xbox One, which I guess uses it's own version of Window media player.

There is one media player that's so much better than the rest that it's shameful that seemingly so few people know about it:
    https://potplayer.daum.net/

It's made by the guy who made the original KMPlayer before selling it.

It's magnificent and a thing of true beauty.

I hated Windows media player. I never understood it.always just used vlc. I'm on the lookout for one as well.

I use KMPlayer (even though it pops up an add every time you open it) and the windows 10 one. I like KMP because you can fast forward with the arrow keys easily.

I use windows media player because I can set podcasts to play at 2x speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    There is one media player that's so much better than the rest that it's shameful that seemingly so few people know about it:
    https://potplayer.daum.net/

It's made by the guy who made the original KMPlayer before selling it.

It's magnificent and a thing of true beauty.
    Hey thanks for that I'll check it out.
    T A N S T A A F L

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    Seeing as ms is removing their player(you can re able it) what are you going to use or have been using?

I love MPC-HC(Media player Classic) But the last release was in July since its officially done
    I have VLC but don't like it as much but it gets the job done. The colors always looks washed out.(probably a setting will do some googling.)
    Black Edition (a variant) is still in development: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpcbe/ I am certain that some people picked up the project again. I could be wrong though. Otherwise I will keep using MPC with madVR/LAV until it no longer works then move onto something else. In the past 10 years of using MPC I have never ran into problems so I guess I am good for a few more years.

I could never get VLC to display SSA subtitles correctly, and they also scaled strangely when playing media full screen.

MS aren't removing media player, its a bug in their insider program

I use VLC, although I will try a few mentioned here as for some reason, for only specific videos, as soon as i fullscreen I lose access to the toolbar when I move the mouse. Slightly annoying

I use VLC for everything, apart from 4K content. VLC stutters and does not play it properly, and no amount of tinkering would fix it.

So I have MPC on my PC as well for 4K content.

For the odd video I need to watch on my PC that isn't streamed through a browser I have MPC-HC installed via KLCP. I never liked WMP and I dislike their metro players even more! Otherwise I watch the majority of my media through my HTPC which runs Kodi.

For music I use AIMP. Long before WinAmp even shutdown I discovered this gem of a music player and I haven't looked back. It's incredibly lightweight and feature packed; one of the features I make extensive use of is its built-in support for cue sheets. Name:  music-listen.GIF
Views: 42
Size:  1.7 KB

VLC since I don't like messing with codec packs etc
    #hashtag #anotherhashtag #bonushashtag