Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Usb wifi/ PCI wifi adaptors.

sh#t, knew I forgot something....

Quote Originally Posted by DieGrootHammer View Post
    I'm really interested in this thread. My PC is also too far away from my router to have a cable. At the moment the wifi barely reaches the PC though, so speeds are severly slowed down. This is due to it being upstairs and my router being down stairs. Perhaps I should look at a USB wifi device with an antenna.
    Either run a cable to upstairs and slap in a wireless access point or do Powerline ethernet.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    Either run a cable to upstairs and slap in a wireless access point or do Powerline ethernet.
    Be carefull with Powerline Ethernet we have one and it worked great then some wires got changed and not its really spotty.
    Thanks for all the input looking more carefully at them. Also no dlink then.
    The places in kim only have ones supported till win 7.
    Evil meet my Sword. Sword, meet Evil!

Yea my Network has the option to be seen as Metered, and its Ethernet. so either Windows changed how it works, or my registry thing is still viable after the Fall update

USB wireless adapter is shit for fps.
    Works fine for heroes of the storm.

My desktop/laptop wireless setup is better for fps.

I used to stay upstairs in a old house with really thick floors and walls , router was downstairs, I slapped 8 dbi antennae on the router and on my pci wifi card and tweaked the antennae directions using some software watching Signal Db. Mileage is going to vary on lots of factors but if your not going to run a cable that's where you will want to start. Also it helps to lower the band to 20Mhz to start with and see what kind of connection you get.

Quote Originally Posted by B1nary View Post
    I used to stay upstairs in a old house with really thick floors and walls , router was downstairs, I slapped 8 dbi antennae on the router and on my pci wifi card and tweaked the antennae directions using some software watching Signal Db. Mileage is going to vary on lots of factors but if your not going to run a cable that's where you will want to start. Also it helps to lower the band to 20Mhz to start with and see what kind of connection you get.
    Cool changed some settings will check if its beter now in fps.

The biggest issue with WiFi will ALWAYS be latency and you have near to nothing you can do to make this better besides moving closer to the AP

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoFish View Post
    The biggest issue with WiFi will ALWAYS be latency and you have near to nothing you can do to make this better besides moving closer to the AP
    You can get the latency pretty low 2-5ms , other than physical objects being a pain in the ass interference is a big cause of latency, yes wifi can be real fickle try not to fart the wrong direction

Quote Originally Posted by Crzwaco View Post
    Cool changed some settings will check if its beter now in fps.
    Run a continuous ping to a server or even Google's public dns and see what it is over a Min or so, does the wifi or usb dongle have software that you can check signal strength on ?