Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tell us a bit about yourself

Quote Originally Posted by oltman View Post
    This introspection is actually a lot harder than I thought it would be!

I am a gamer. I am a gaming agnostic, and will play on any platform out there. I am, however, limited to PC, XBOX One, and Android as other platforms are limited by my budget.

I love any game that is story driven. Life is Strange, Walking Dead etc nearly had me in tears. I also am playing PUBG way more than I think I should. I think that is my multiplayer fill, and prefer single player games generally. I also like games like Mass Effect, Fortnite, Fallout. I also love discovering indie gems like Astroneer, Breach and Clear, Door Kickers and FEZ. Just about the only games I dont play are horror games. No thank you sir!

I am a father with two girls, 5 and 2, and they are already starting to play games themselves. We also LOVE My Little Pony. My favourite is Pinky Pie! What a whack job! We like camping in the garden and am saving up for a proper camping trailer to go camping with in the bush.

I am a movie buff. I dont get to go to the cinema as much as I used to, but now that Ballito has it's onw Nu-Metro I try to make it a monthly thing. I also use that as my date night and score points with my wife.

I am a geek at heart. I have too many toys that need a wall socket, gathering dust. My Raspberry Pi at least is working well.

I try my hand at photography, specifically storms, and have taken some really awesome lighting shots!

I am a sleek athlete (wahaha!!!). I love road running, but have been restricted this year by illness and other factors not mentioning here. I have big plans for 2018 though! My 5km PB in the Dolphin Coast Strider Time Trial is 19:55, set in December last year.

Finally, my day job is in construction project management, but with a 15 year Microsoft and virtualization background. There are remarkable similarities! Anyway, as such I love doing 3d Sketchup designs and who knows, maybe one day design my own house from scratch!

PS: If this is too long, I apologise!
    Any publishers out there? This feels like it needs to get into a book! Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by AlienTaker View Post
    Why not Tell me Why Give me one good Reason
    I Like Batman and Superman. See....exactly the same

I hate this I never know what to say:

I love any and all Joss Whedon. Best is still Firefly, Serenity and then Dollhouse, Buffy, Angel . . . .

Im not a star wars/star trek fan - I like them both equally but if forced to chose it will be Firefly

I consider my vaping a hobby, I love reading, but havent got time of late.

Tv shows movies are all good, anime is not my thing at all and I cannot stand it at all.

I love cooking and have to avoid places like kitchen junky and yuppiechef - especially since yuppie opened a store near me.

Gaming is and always will be important,. currently back in GW2, hate people who changes games weekly - I try to stick it out and finish what I start.

Huge F1 fan as you all know, not so much a team person as a Vettel, Ricciardo, Kimi fan

Also a collector of plushies - dont have much currently I had to give away most of mine to make space for pc stuff
    Last edited by Wyvern; 07-11-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Don't like Super-Man He's Evul!!!!!!!!!

Name:  zbxAmnZr.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  54.7 KB
    T A N S T A A F L

Don't like Super-Man He's Evul!!!!!!!!!
    Exactly, so is Maverick!

Exactly, so is Maverick!
    Hahahahahahahahaha. No Maveric is not evul just skilled and give him another season on the Yami and watch him kick Mona Marquez's Ass and Watch Dovi Too, I actually hope he wins

Default Tell us a bit about yourself

Hahahahahahahahaha. No Maveric is not evul just skilled and give him another season on the Yami and watch him kick Mona Marquez's Ass and Watch Dovi Too, I actually hope he wins
    I have no idea what this even means. Evul? Yami? Dovi?
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

Evil=Evul(Ref to Austin Powers), Yami = Yamaha MotoGP YZR-M1, Dovi = Moto Gp Rider Andrea Dovizioso Currently Nr 2 in the motoGP standings.

That Help you any [MENTION=297]FarligOpptreden[/MENTION]

Tell us a bit about yourself. What are your hobbies? What interests you? What are your favourite kind of games? Should your Secret Santa know anything about you?

Ok here goes....

I'm probably one of the oldest gamers on the forum with my interest in gaming starting with a ZX81 followed by a ZX Spectrum - Google that if you must.

My modern day gaming roots really got going with Battlefield 2 where I spent hours online as part of the WarGeeks clan. Since then and thankfully my gaming taste has broadend with my favourite genre being RTS (The Company of Heroes series is my favourite of all time) followed by RPG (The Witcher series being my favourite).

My gaming time is sadly limited now as life gets busier - being a husband and father to 2 young boys age 6 & 8. My eldest has started showing a keen interest in gaming and really loves FPS, my youngest is a Minecraft fan.

My other passions are Mountainbiking (I'm probably 10kgs overweight and 10 months under trained but we are getting there), reading and fountain pens. I love brightly coloured socks (especially Happy Socks) and have a constant craving for any chocolate especially Lindt (the red, white or blue balls).