Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: URGENT Job Opportunit for .NET developer (PTA East)

  1. #1

    Thumbs up URGENT Job Opportunit for .NET developer (PTA East)

    Hey guys/gals

    I have an urgent position to fill for an intermediate .NET developer in the Pretoria East region. We had a new-join this morning going AWOL and the client is justifiably frustrated with the situation.

    The job requires standard Microsoft stack development using .NET / C# / REST / ASP.NET MVC / T-SQL. If you're in the Microsoft dev space you'll know and be comfortable with the tech. Experience-wise we're looking at around 4-7 years of experience, pretty much intermediate to low-senior. Salary is between R40,000 and R55,000 CTC, depending on experience and ability.

    The client is in Pretoria East, so this is an ideal opportunity for those Microsoft developers who hate the daily trek to JHB - I know there are MANY of them.

    This position really is quite urgent, so if you are even remotely considering the opportunity or know of someone who might be interested, please give me a shout.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

  2. #2

    Default

    That's bad. What happened to the developer?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    That's bad. What happened to the developer?
    Apparently got cold feet when they (trying to stay gender neutral here) found out the client was using MVC and not Web Forms.
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    Apparently got cold feet when they (trying to stay gender neutral here) found out the client was using MVC and not Web Forms.
    And she um i mean they just went AWOL? Wow that's shocking.

  5. #5
    Thread Killer Mk III Wenzdayz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In a dark place
    Posts
    15,763

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarligOpptreden View Post
    Apparently got cold feet when they (trying to stay gender neutral here) found out the client was using MVC and not Web Forms.
    i dont understand how ppl can be like that, i mean its not like jobs are plentiful these days. and does this person not realise that ppl talk and at some point this will get to a perspective employer?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Hello WinzEveryDayz.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    And she um i mean they just went AWOL? Wow that's shocking.
    Exactly like that, yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wenzdayz View Post
    i dont understand how ppl can be like that, i mean its not like jobs are plentiful these days. and does this person not realise that ppl talk and at some point this will get to a perspective employer?!
    Even the recruiter tried to frantically get hold of this person, so this particular person now has a bad rep with us, the client and the recruiter. And considering the amount of companies we're exposed to and deal with, this person is gonna struggle getting a job if we're asked for a reference...

    EDIT: Still, references please people! UUUUUUUUURGENT!
    --~<0>~-- {type}DEV --~<0>~--

  7. #7

    Default

    I feel your pain. We've been down this road many times (and failed horribly). I've basically given up on recruiting someone.

    We've had some crazy applicants. I remember being impressed with the one CV that showed almost 10 years experience, but when I looked at some of his code, it turned out that the guy taught himself to develop and his 10 years experience, was basically doing the same basic thing over and over.

    Don't know which recruitment agency you're using, but Nigel Frank International has been sending me emails about once every 4 months with a CV of some of the developers they have available. They're based in the UK, but they've been sending me emails for people in SA. I've never tried them, but the CVs they've sent looked quite decent. Might be worth it to check them out. Still, even if they have someone for you, they might still need to give a month's notice at their current employer, but maybe they've got someone who is currently between contracts.

    No guts, no glory, no brain, same story.

  8. #8

    Default

    This reminds me of story. My mother was in the recruitment business, she got a request for some highly skilled workers, she offered 2 guys for an interview. They went and both were chosen, but the company wanted them to do a test. The one guy during the test asked if he could go to the bathroom. That's the last they saw of him.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieChoke View Post
    This reminds me of story. My mother was in the recruitment business, she got a request for some highly skilled workers, she offered 2 guys for an interview. They went and both were chosen, but the company wanted them to do a test. The one guy during the test asked if he could go to the bathroom. That's the last they saw of him.
    Haha i have heard similar stories from people in the security industry hiring guards. They put down a fingerprint reader on the table in the waiting room and tell them they will be doing fingerprint scans for criminal records and such. Then they would leave the room for 20 minutes and interview the guys who are left ...

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Werfetter View Post
    Haha i have heard similar stories from people in the security industry hiring guards. They put down a fingerprint reader on the table in the waiting room and tell them they will be doing fingerprint scans for criminal records and such. Then they would leave the room for 20 minutes and interview the guys who are left ...
    Omw didn't realise it is rather common. Lulz when the interviewer has a room of 20 and left with 3.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-08-2015, 12:04 AM
  2. External Hard drive won't open **urgent**
    By maaz in forum Hardware and Gadgets
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 04:59 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 08:55 AM
  4. Bandit400 VS GSXR400 (URGENT!)
    By HoboMincer in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 13-08-2011, 03:23 PM
  5. Urgent Xbox system link question
    By Sockmonkey in forum Gaming Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-11-2010, 12:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •