Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ATI 3D Vision with out Nvidia

Ag whatever man. You guys are dissing this technology the whole time because it's "expensive". Well you know what, MOST NICE THINGS IN LIFE ARE EXPENSIVE. Lamborghini and Ferrari are expensive cars as well...it doesn't make them BAD cars...it just puts them out of your reach.

So honestly, just because you cannot afford something now is no reason to dis the technology as a whole. Go cry me a river. I'll enjoy my 3D gaming while you're stuck in your little side-scrolling R25 bin-special game.
    My ignore list: growing too fast to keep updating.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Ag whatever man. You guys are dissing this technology the whole time because it's "expensive". Well you know what, MOST NICE THINGS IN LIFE ARE EXPENSIVE. Lamborghini and Ferrari are expensive cars as well...it doesn't make them BAD cars...it just puts them out of your reach.

So honestly, just because you cannot afford something now is no reason to dis the technology as a whole. Go cry me a river. I'll enjoy my 3D gaming while you're stuck in your little side-scrolling R25 bin-special game.
    LOL mate if you think I can't afford it then that's a pretty lame argument.
    We really should meet on mw2 so I can show you what proper gaming is about. Then you can run to your 3D gaming and play Barbie in full 3D..wooooow.

Get with the program, your opinion was valid but it just turned into a pile of crap, you played the money card.
    I could have gotten a epic monster of a machine but I recently spent quite a lot of cash on buying a ticket to go to the Netherlands and 2 tickets back to Sa. So yeah I could have gotten a 3d gaming setup but instead I decided to live my life..not be stuck at home playing games..lol

OMG why am I justifying this, I don't have anything to prove..lol
    I just think your a Fan boy there we go argument closed.
    Eat - Sleep - Overclock - Repeat

much love here! lol. its all good though. I would like to try the tech and see what its like before i spend the money! i have got the money so thats no problem. But there is also a thing called waste. if i am not going to enjoy 3D gaming, why should i buy it for it to sit in my games room gathering dust? Its got nothing to do with money for some of us. So for you to say that is really childish. I earn way more than enough to buy a 3d system. Lame Neo. What are your PC specs by the way neo?
    CPU: i7 2600k // ASUS Maximus IV EXTREME [email protected] // Corsair 8gig DDR3 @ 1600mhz // ASUS GTX580 DirectCU2 // 9800GT // 2x intel X25-m 40gig SSDs raid0 // Corsair Force 3 SSD

I'm really not going to contribute to this topic anymore at all. The more I'm putting facts on the table the more people think it gives them some sort of platform to bash the technology - seriously - if you don't like the tech just don't buy it and ignore the topic. I'm talking to the people who ARE interested.
    My ignore list: growing too fast to keep updating.

I am not bashing the tech! I am just saying that i would like to try the tech first before i buy it! 3D is very good with blurays. just wanna see it with games. The reason i wanna know your PC specs is that if i decide to go for 3D i wanna see what i would need to get what you have, so if you could please pm me your specs or something.
    CPU: i7 2600k // ASUS Maximus IV EXTREME [email protected] // Corsair 8gig DDR3 @ 1600mhz // ASUS GTX580 DirectCU2 // 9800GT // 2x intel X25-m 40gig SSDs raid0 // Corsair Force 3 SSD

Wow poeple chil stop whacking each other about, look each card has its pros and cons. Yes multi-monitor support for more than 3 monitors is a good thing (ati-eyefinity) to some, i find that on occassion i would like to have more for work space 3 or more then Ati would work but i am not a fan due to a few cards failing to start in my machine. However the brand is good millions of people can't be that wrong and bang for the buck is what Ati is going for.

Now i am an nVidia fanboy, i may have stated that before but in terms of the multi-monitor thing they are behind no matter what they say to even use the 3rd monitor you need a 2nd card in the 400series bit steep even for my pocket. But on the plus side they do support 3D maybe its not so well accepted yet but nothing new is anyway. It takes time for people to come to terms with new things maybe sometime in the future 3D gaming will be more mainstream but we will wait and see. Recently Nvidia havent been fast on the bandwagon being a step behind Ati here and there but given nVidia had a few issues in the last year the GTX 200 series problems and all.

Now neo i admire you standing by your beliefs but you made a mistake by pulling money into this most people can afford it on this forum but they got other things they would rather do. joker you had a valid point aswell but you should have reframed from burning neo. All in all this thread got a little derailed.

(I may have made a mistake intervening but if you must kill me virtually atleast)

FX-8350 | 16GB DDR3-1866 RAM | Corsair H80i | 24TB

Quote Originally Posted by frank007 View Post
    I am not bashing the tech! I am just saying that i would like to try the tech first before i buy it! 3D is very good with blurays. just wanna see it with games. The reason i wanna know your PC specs is that if i decide to go for 3D i wanna see what i would need to get what you have, so if you could please pm me your specs or something.
    You dont need to change much on your system to go 3d Just need a 3d Capable monitor there are only a few out there i personally like the Acer one is kinda funky and your GPU coz the what neo said the nVidia cards are designed for 3d gaming.

FX-8350 | 16GB DDR3-1866 RAM | Corsair H80i | 24TB

I'm using the IZ3D driver at the moment Neo and they are actually quite mature, having played with 3D Vision as well, they are comparable. The are two big problems I picked up with IZ3D though:

1. I had to download the beta driver for support for DX10 and DX11. I haven't noticed any problems so I suspect it will be merged into a new release soon, making this less of a problem.
    2. Finding a decent screen. A lot of 3D screens are ONLY compatible with Nvidia's 3D Vision (like your Asus screen Neo), I'm not sure of the technical reasons why. Eventually I settled on the Zalman 24" (which was very difficult to find) and the screen is quite glossy, if you don't dim the lighting it is quite reflective. 3D Vision users definitely have a better monitor selection.

So definitely, 3D Vision is a more complete solution. Easy to find good quality compatible screens, the glasses, graphics cards and drivers are all maintained by NVidia. ATI isn't left completely out in the cold though.