Thread: MyGaming suggestion box

That's your rep level .......
    - There is no proof any of us are even alive -
    - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto_Helix View Post
    That's your rep level .......
    K. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Are these ever going to be updated? The levels are so far apart and points are so few and far between that 90% of all regulars are always going to be stuck on "bi-winning".
    Come up with a new list of labels and I'll implement it. The core system scaling system isn't going to change.

James is there any way to enforce people writing comments or select from a drop down menu as to why a rep point is given.
    During the comp times I notice that I am getting rep points for things that don't necessarily deserve a rep point and due to one of the ways that you can move in to the top 25 rankings by giving out rep it kind of feels like its being abused rather than serving an integral part of the forum.
    Last edited by simon; 17-07-2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: adding option for rep giving task
    contact me if you are in Cape Town and looking for PC Hardware at very competitive pricing. We also do web and graphic design.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    James is there any way to enforce people writing comments when a rep point is given.
    During the comp times I notice that I am getting rep points for things that don't necessarily deserve a rep point and due to one of the ways that you can move in to the top 25 rankings by giving out rep it kind of feels like its being abused rather than serving an integral part of the forum.
    Did it ever occur to you that it might be because of your signature? I very rarely get rep without a comment.

Simon Says: When you read this you will +1 me coz I am just that awesome that even the stupid stuff like this that I say deserves a +1

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that it might be because of your signature? I very rarely get rep without a comment.
    maybe but to rep based on that, my signature is more a stupid joke then a reason to give rep.
    Im not being ungrateful its just the only time it happens is when there is a competition around unless I make a post that is well, deserving of a rep.
    contact me if you are in Cape Town and looking for PC Hardware at very competitive pricing. We also do web and graphic design.

There's a GIF for that MetalSoup's Avatar

maybe but to rep based on that, my signature is more a stupid joke then a reason to give rep.
    Im not being ungrateful its just the only time it happens is when there is a competition around unless I make a post that is well, deserving of a rep.
    Well either way, forcing comments sounds like a good idea to me, but I doubt it's a feature of the forum software.

James is there any way to enforce people writing comments or select from a drop down menu as to why a rep point is given.
    No there isn't', otherwise I would like to use it as well.

I have only found out how to rep recently

So, are the events of yesterday evening just being swept under the rug and forgotten about? Because I don't feel it should just be left there. While I wasn't completely innocent in the whole fiasco, what was said to me was one of the vilest and most disgusting things anyone has ever said to me and considering the amount of feedback I received in PMs, reputation comments and even on Steam, I'm not the only person who feels this way. I'm not going to post any of it here, in case those members might wish to stay anonymous. VB allows administrators to read anyone's private messages, so James, you're more than welcome to verify this if you'd like.

Towards the end of that thread I was definitely in contravention of the rules myself, but this other individual went far beyond that. The fact that this individual shows no remorse, shows no understanding of why what he said was over the line and seems to feel justified in having said what he did, just makes it all the worse. It tells me he doesn't have the emotional or intellectual maturity to be part of a civilized forum. I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable hanging around here if people who mock others for being sexually abused as children are allowed to stay on the forums, much less get away with it scott-free.